Slipperie AKA Oogla's Staff Application #2

Oogla

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): Oogla , oOgLa
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/)STEAM_0:1:98918627 
  • Discord Tag: daguyky#4301
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 4 days 13 hours 
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/slipperie/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): Anytime of the week after 2:30 PM EST, On the weekends its any time

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute to Aether through play time, I also have outplayed recording my game at all times so I can submit hard evidence against anyone who is MRDM, RDA, Hacking, etc and reinforcing the rules to give players the best experience possible moderator or not. I have roughly over 720 hours on GMOD, I grew up playing this game/gamemode "DarkRP" since I was about 14-15 y/o so I have a considerable amount of knowledge of the game itself and the coding to help with additions or expansions to server, if anything is still the same I presume. I am a very patient individual as well so I can handle a lot of sits and help out the team wherever need be. I am a team player I would like to be apart of this server to help out and generate new ideas to the server
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: No more than 10 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?/advert Raid or /advert PD Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes as long as the owner of the base is within close proximity (aka interfering distance), such as the same side walk the base is based on, not across the street not down the road, he has to be close to his base. If the player that is raiding that base is just trying to look for an excuse to kill the owner from far is RDM
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Shooting in public is illegal, Kidnapping, theft or harming others is illegal money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal, Murder is illegal
  • How many bases can you own per party?: You can only have one base per party, no more or no less 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Gag them if they're minging or micspamming/non stop talking or mute them if they're spamming chat, I wouldn't do both at the same time because they might calm down and I can hopefully get an answer out of them for the reason why the are acting the way that they are, but if they don't I would kick them from the server for an hour or jail them for 10 minutes, if they are consistently repeating the same form of behavior I would kick them from the server for an hour or so, if the same person joins back to do the same thing, 3 day ban.
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact):  The most common power that staff abuse is their god mode, some times it happens unintentionally and forget that its still on, if this is the case I would ask them to take it off god mode, and usually 9/10 people who unintentionally have it on would take it off. Now if it is unintentional and they're abusing their god mode and raiding bases with it on, I would contact Jouaram or NX Beth or any of the higher up administrators immediately, submitted with recorded evidence on to the forums under the Player/Staff Reports page, I also have the app where I can record anything that my screen sees so it would be submitted with hard evidence. Another one is no clipping in people's bases taking things from there base such as money out of a money printer, bitcoin miner, or weed growers. If I saw this I would try to get evidence of it such as video evidence and then submit it to a higher up administrator, if I can not get any videos I would do my best to explain it through admin logs and the location that it occurred at.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?):  RDM = Random Death Match is when players are killing each other or a specific target for no reason 3 or more times is considered MRDM , RDA = Random Arrest is when someone is placing false warrants and arresting players or a specific player, NLR = New Life Rule is when someone dies they can not go back to that specific area for a designated amount of time, for AetherNetwork DarkRP that is 3 minutes you cannot revenge kill during these 3 minutes because its a new life, you can only go back to the base that is being raided after three minutes, any time before three minutes is considered NLR, you don't remember what happened in your last life in real life so neither should you in the game of DarkRP which is a game to RolePlay as if it were real life just with extraordinary differences LOL. To determine if a player is breaking any of these rules is to, review a victims submitted ticket, and checking the logs in a sit or if you see it personally without any adverts or warnings. To determine the punishments is specific to how excessive they are breaking these rules. To check for NLR, I would pay attention to the deaths and the times that they occured, for RDM I would also do the same but while in a sit I would ask the victim first why he was being killed by this perpetrator, usually the victim who is dying the most is the one to call the sit, so the honesty level of him telling the truth would be a bit higher than the guy killing him. RDA I would check who is arresting the most from the logs and ask him why he was arresting everyone that he arrested, depending if the sit is called, or if I see it happen I would not just go and target someone because of the logs this one could be tricky though depending on the Mayor's laws of the land.

Edit comments: Please give this a thorough read its not the exact same as the last application, I promise, I did use the last application that I did as a template I just added on to it more and revised it to make it more professional and adequate 🙂

Edited by slipperie

• Oogla changed the title to Slipperie AKA Oogla's Staff Application #2

-/+ 

Kind of leaning towards the negative, here's why;

I notice that this was rushed and not a thorough application, you should try to take your time on this and actually go through and proof read your application before submitting so it looks adequate and not so vague. 

You are a nice person to get a long with in game I will give you that but like I stated before from reading this, this is a rushed application and you should take your time.

idk, not enough writing ig right? 😁

+1, really funny and cool guy. I think he deserves staff and I believe he is fit for it. The app is also incredibly detailed and from my standpoint it seems like he would be a caring sym(pathetic) staff member

Edited by Berlin
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Berlin said:

-/+ 

Kind of leaning towards the negative, here's why;

I notice that this was rushed and not a thorough application, you should try to take your time on this and actually go through and proof read your application before submitting so it looks adequate and not so vague. 

You are a nice person to get a long with in game I will give you that but like I stated before from reading this, this is a rushed application and you should take your time.

idk, not enough writing ig right? 😁

+1, really funny and cool guy. I think he deserves staff and I believe he is fit for it. The app is also incredibly detailed and from my standpoint it seems like he would be a caring sym(pathetic) staff member

Okay I’m gonna have to post you up on the court later 😤

Accepted

You've proven yourself mature, responsible and with good activity/application it's pretty much a guaranteed accept. Good luck on your t-mod phase!

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link