UnclearCrowd's staff app

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): UnclearCrowd, possibly John C in the futre 
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:461680326
  • Discord Tag: UnclearCrowd#7723
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 1 week 3 days 6 hours 43 mins
  • Timezone: CTS
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198883626381/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): Between 5-9 pm cst. Weekends all the time 

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: There has been many times that I come to the server and no mods are active, I think that I can really be one of the most active members on the staff team. I have been a moderator before and it was a very fun experience, I know all the commands for staff and think I could also help in the future fellow staff members. When I get on I get on to have fun but that can't always happen if there are trollers, racists, or rule breakers in general.  I would like to help succeed in eliminating these rule breakers and giving everyone a safe experience so that no one can deal with some of the things I have dealt with on this server. I see hope in this server even though I have had some bad experiences I have hope that me or colleagues could better the server as a total. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last for 10 minutes from the time that it is adverted in chat using /advert Raid or other
  • What initiates a raid?: Doing as stated before /advert Raid or something similar to that. 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: If the owner is standing within a radius of the building he owns and someone raids it, they are allowed to kill them. 
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Murder is illegal, Raiding is illegal, and threats are illegal. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would handle this by either gagging if he is blasting his mic and freezing him with my physics gun, to talk about the situation at hand. He will be able to talk in chat so that we can have a peaceful conversation as of what is happening. If they continue to spam in chat I will mute then so that they can not type here out what they did so Rdm, Nitrp, Nlr, Fail rp, ect. Then depending on what they said I will lengthen their sentence. 
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): If I see a admin no clipping into a base to steal some ones valuables I would warn them and try and talk to them and ask why they are doing it. While I am asking I would set up a recording software and start recording in case they say something like "I dont care" Or "F** off" or something along those lines. I would also follow them with the recording is done and then at the end I will show it to the owner via discord, Forums, or any other way they would like to contact me. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?): Rdm: Rdm is random death match meaning that a person randomly killed someone. Rda: Rda is Random Arrest meaning they would randomly arrest a person for no reason. Nlr: Nlr is new life rule meaning that if you were in a rp situation and you died you can not return to that rp situation for 3 minutes of when they died. How would I determing if a player is breaking any of these rules? I would first get the sit and check logs, logs will show me whether or not they are doing what they are being accused of. For the nlr I will talk to them and see if they will admit to doing it. If they do not admit I will check logs and depending on how yalls logs are set up I think I will be able to see time stamps of when someone is being killed. So I will check the reported persons logs and see exactly when they died and when they came back to kill them. 

Extra Comments: I do hope that my young age does not deviate from the fact that I have a lot of experience in this field and mature but ofcourse that will only have to be shown. 

Edited by UnclearCrowd
Time change

1 hour ago, xSnowBallx said:

-1 Im sorry i have to leave this, but today you were really tilted and being toxic in ooc because people kept placing hits on you. You say that you are mature, but i'm afraid that I have to disagree with that.

Today I do not think that I was being toxic. It was simply a joke blown out of proportion. I explained that to him after the whole thing. But I can see what you are saying. 

-1 Im sorry i have to leave this, but today you were really tilted and being toxic in ooc because people kept placing hits on you. You say that you are mature, but i'm afraid that I have to disagree with that.

I also think that, what happened for like the 20 minutes today does not anywhere tower the good and friends I have made in this community. But like I said I do understand why you gave me the -1

If anyone or you want further information about the whole event I am down to talk about it.

+/-

+ Active on the server, seen him on almost every day

+ Fair to players and good attitude most of the time

- Bad staff application, not clear enough detail on situations

P.S. - I will keep up to date on this forum and update each time I encounter a sit with you or encounter you in general.

Edited by Oogla

2 hours ago, Oogla said:

+/-

+ Active on the server, seen him on almost every day

+ Fair to players and good attitude most of the time

- Bad staff application, not clear enough detail on situations

P.S. - I will keep up to date on this forum and update each time I encounter a sit with you or encounter you in general.

Which one was necessarily bad so I can improve next time?

I dunno the way you act could be quite worrisome as staff. You seem extremely uptight which is a bad trait on a gmod server. NOT to say you shouldn't enforce the rules but it's gmod and you need to know what is reasonable.

Edited by GoldFishie
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, GoldFishie said:

I dunno the way you act could be quite worrisome as staff. You seem extremely uptight which is a bad trait on a gmod server. NOT to say you shouldn't enforce the rules but it's gmod and you need to know what is reasonable.

-/+

I think thats a good trait in my opinion. It will keep me persistent on rules. But I understand what you are saying.

9 minutes ago, Atomic Bomb said:

From what I have seen and heard, you seem pretty whiny and you would not be the best at taking sits as I feel that your emotions would cloud your judgment. Needs sometime to grow as a person.

I think that you saw my messages in the Dark Rp chat which is what you are judging off/ or other opinions on me from other people without forming your own opinion since I have not once yet talked to you I do not think. ,  I don't think that what I said is in any way whiny. Its calling out the flaws in aether network that need to be worked on. I think im fit for being staff in many ways. I have been moderator before and was a good one at that. I have complained about a few things totally, because there are a lot of flaws that not many people call out. Anyways thank you for your feedback.

Edited by UnclearCrowd

29 minutes ago, UnclearCrowd said:

I think that you saw my messages in the Dark Rp chat which is what you are judging off/ or other opinions on me from other people without forming your own opinion since I have not once yet talked to you I do not think. ,  I don't think that what I said is in any way whiny. Its calling out the flaws in aether network that need to be worked on. I think im fit for being staff in many ways. I have been moderator before and was a good one at that. I have complained about a few things totally, because there are a lot of flaws that not many people call out. Anyways thank you for your feedback.

+1 to that, they couldn’t even wait til the morning

9 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Giving you a gigantic -1 for this very reason...

Quote by Unclear himself:

"Holy shit admins its like none of yall care about this server someone needs to be on.
There is so much stuff going on
Please come on the serve
@Berlin @BLKBEARD @Dreadnaught @Surreh  @yousetoffmytrap  @Victus_sinistus There is literally no admins on? Someone needs to get on
Mrdm. Nlr breaking,  Failrp
Literally having people say the admins have abandoned the server
Someone get on plz
@Jouaram and @Uranus  Are the only 2 on that I can see. I looked through all the tabz and still only them and I think uranus is afk or something
Someone get on
@Staff"

I understand the way he went about it may have been wrong but his intentions aren’t to hurt anyone’s feelings. He was really just trying to put into perspective on what is happening at that moment and expressing his need for assistance, he was understandably frustrated because he lost in-game currency because some of the moderation team, and I hate to say this, don’t do their job or aren’t on often enough to be staff and just expect the new people to take care of it.

Edited by GTA V Guy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

"Holy shit admins its like none of yall care about this server someone needs to be on.
Please come on the serve
@Berlin @BLKBEARD @Dreadnaught @Surreh  @yousetoffmytrap  @Victus_sinistus There is literally no admins on? Someone needs to get on
Someone get on plz
@Jouaram and @Uranus  Are the only 2 on that I can see. I looked through all the tabz and still only them and I think uranus is afk or something
Someone get on
@Staff"

I strongly agree with you, Dread

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Please come on the serve
Someone get on plz
Someone get on
@Staff"

Quote from Dreadnaught 

"Holy s#!t Unclear, its like we live 24/7 to admin the server, go get a real life outside the game like the other admins, then you wont have to worry about mass rdm"
Then I said "Please read all my messages"
You responded with "Make Me". 

Now I don't understand your point. Are you saying im immature for doing that? If so I find saying "Make Me" the most childish thing you can do. If that was not your point then please tell me what was. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, UnclearCrowd said:

All you did was quote me. Please look at the response I made to your post on here.

he is giving you a -1 and so am i for the reason of you spammed staff to get on within only a couple minutes, to be staff you need to be able to act mature and reasonable within the community. You also went on to say how shit the staff team is without giving any good reasons and suggested that we should retire, i suggest fixing you attitude on the server and in general before getting staff. no hate from me just putting out opinions

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Surreh said:

he is giving you a -1 and so am i for the reason of you spammed staff to get on within only a couple minutes, to be staff you need to be able to act mature and reasonable within the community. You also went on to say how shit the staff team is without giving any good reasons and suggested that we should retire, i suggest fixing you attitude on the server and in general before getting staff. no hate from me just putting out opinions

Everyone can have an opinion, and I do put fault in spamming that @ 's of staff memebers. I didnt know that I could just @ every staff memeber. Also I did not say or suggest anyone in particular should retire. I never said that the moderators on the server were shit. I have my doubts about a select few. But I never said they were shit. I do wanna ask what attitude is it that I need to fix? Not even trying to sound like a smart ass. Also for acting mature very few moderators that said I what I did was bad were being mature a bit. For example the person that made the comment. Dreadnaught. He said "Make me" when responding to the fact that I said can you please look at all my messages. 

6 hours ago, Danny_Mcflurry said:

+1 

Nice Guy 

Good in game time and is active

-------------------------------------

- seems like he can get tilted but I think its a reasonable tilted most of the time.

I think he deserves a chance 

P.S. I think people are over reacting with him asking for staff to come on.

The thing is, Unclear was arguing in general on discord for admins saying that if you are not gonna staff then resign and you'll not worry about it again but what if we are just busy in general with life and not just sit like redditors on computers for all day and aswell as staff wanting to STILL do their duty and what I think about Unclear is that he can sometimes get titled and a bit agressive from what I've seen.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flipflop said:

The thing is, Unclear was arguing in general on discord for admins saying that if you are not gonna staff then resign and you'll not worry about it again but what if we are just busy in general with life and not just sit like redditors on computers for all day and aswell as staff wanting to STILL do their duty and what I think about Unclear is that he can sometimes get titled and a bit agressive from what I've seen.

Hey, so I never said that you should do any of that. Please stop misinterpreting what I said that day or maybe you didnt read it? What I did say is that 1. A lot of older mods are not that active anymore I gave reasons why this might be. I also said that moderators should be one atleast be on sometime every day. I stand by this fully. Like I said in the message people can have breaks or miss a few days, but you and your fellow mods signed up for this job. I wasnt arguing in general I was arguing in the dark rp chat but I dont think that matters. 

"if you are not gonna staff then resign and you'll not worry about it again but what if we are just busy in general with life and not just sit like redditors on computers for all day" Like I said in there. Breaks are fine. But if you are not active atleast everyday somehow in the community I do think you should resign for the soul purpose of the fact you got into this and if its too stressful too staff dont staff, its better then saying like "oh ill get back on the game at sometime" because this game can get boring for a lot of people. Anyways thats beside the point. That wasnt the main thing I said in that chat. I gave really good arguments in that message and to try and paint me the bad guy, people like you and other people are going and saying "oh he said for staff to resign. omgggg" I think that it shows some people on this mod team cant handle criticism. If you are busy in life in general that is fine, but there are literally people on the staff team who only show up for events, thats stupidly crazy. I will agree that I can get tilted sometimes but its for a perfectly good reason and not many people bring up that anyone in the situation I was in would be tilted.

Anyways I know this message might have came on in a negative tone @flipflop It really wasnt suppose to its just a little tiring how repetitive some of these messages are. Best of luck to you. Peace. 

Edited by UnclearCrowd

5 minutes ago, UnclearCrowd said:

Hey, so I never said that you should do any of that. Please stop misinterpreting what I said that day or maybe you didnt read it? What I did say is that 1. A lot of older mods are not that active anymore I gave reasons why this might be. I also said that moderators should be one atleast be on sometime every day. I stand by this fully. Like I said in the message people can have breaks or miss a few days, but you and your fellow mods signed up for this job. I wasnt arguing in general I was arguing in the dark rp chat but I dont think that matters. 

"if you are not gonna staff then resign and you'll not worry about it again but what if we are just busy in general with life and not just sit like redditors on computers for all day" Like I said in there. Breaks are fine. But if you are not active atleast everyday somehow in the community I do think you should resign for the soul purpose of the fact you got into this and if its too stressful too staff dont staff, its better then saying like "oh ill get back on the game at sometime" because this game can get boring for a lot of people. Anyways thats beside the point. That wasnt the main thing I said in that chat. I gave really good arguments and to try and paint me the bad guy people like you and other people are going and saying "oh he said for staff to resign. omgggg" I think that it shows some people on this mod team cant handle criticism. If you are busy in life in general that is fine, but there are literally people on the staff team who only show up for events, thats stupidly crazy. I will agree that I can get tilted sometimes but its for a perfectly good reason and not many people bring up that anyone in the situation I was in would be tilted.

Anyways I know this message might have came on in a negative tone @flipflop It really wasnt suppose to its just a little tiring how repetitive some of these messages are. Best of luck to you. Peace. 

I know you're a cool guy and all but don't get missunderstood, that's of why I think and it's not you in "general"

Edited by flipflop