King's Staff App v2

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): King (Other names may include: Boba, Krauser, Michael Hee Hee)
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:521339420
  • Discord Tag: idontrunireload#1134
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 2w 5d 13h 50m (Courtesy of Jouaram ty)
  • Timezone: MTN (Mountain Time)
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/stank518978912389/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): School Days: 3-9PM, Weekends/Summer 9:30 AM-9:30 PM (Yes I have no life) Times may vary depending on my busy-ness

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute to Aether by committing lots of my time to the server as I already have about 500 hours in the server already. I have been staff before and I would like to try again as I was halted due to personal issues. I can always be on if I'm not busy and I respond to almost every call if I can. I try to handle sits to the best of my abilities and take every learning opportunity I can. I also don't like to roleplay over sits so I don't put them off. I understand the rules (however I can be reckless and not listen, I've changed/changing) and can enforce them. I also am very active on the server so dealing with early morning MRDMers or things like that will be a breeze due to my previous staffing experience on the server. I can also help and respond anytime when there are no staff on.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes (literally all of it)
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No):  Yes, of course
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No): Definitely

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes, at the end of the 10 minutes raiders have to begin wrapping up and leaving.
  • What initiates a raid?: "/advert raid" and other variations are "/advert pd raid", "/advert pd raid assist", "/advert raid assist", "/advert counter".
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes but it cannot be across-map/street.
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Drugs, printers are illegal. Do not kill unless in self-defense. Breaking into homes is illegal.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If a player is refusing to cooperate in sit, I will warn them that their punishment may not be lowered and instead increased/normal punishment. I will have to be more serious with them and more on the unkind side (Not like using swears and stuff and more like "Hey, this mod is no fun!")
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): If I see another staff member abusing their power, I will record them doing such actions and create a forum report/directly speak to Jouaram about it.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?):
  • RDM - "Random Deathmatch" is when you kill another player for no valid roleplay reason, this might be a warn for doing nothing or something stupid "warn123 stop playing music" or just plain out Mass RDM. 
  • RDA - "Random Arrest" is when you arrest someone for no roleplay reason, this might be like jaywalking or looking at you funny.
  • NLR - "New Life Rule" is the 3 minute timer in which you may not return to the same area/interact with players that were in that area.
  • I can determine these things with the logs and the many tools with it. It can also be determined via me witnessing it/video evidence.
  •  
  • I would determine RDA by looking at the timestamps and roleplay actions among people involved.
  • RDM would be pretty simply, I can check damage/death logs and see if there was damage done and other roleplay actions or if it's like this: "I mugged someone! Oh no, I died! Hey this person shot me because I mugged him even though I already died!".
  • NLR I can check with chat, damage, kill logs and timestamp. If someone died in a raid and came back within 3 minutes and died again, I can check this with death location and such.

Extra Comments: Yes I know I've been reckless throughout the past month or two but I am sure I will change in the next few weeks. It's one week till summer vacation and I can be online and learn from my mistakes. My other warns I will try to keep lowkey and stop doing what caused them to be there. 

Personally, I think I will do better as staff and especially that mental mindset of setting a good example for others. I don't have ill intent towards the server and I'd like to have fun instead.

Also, if Sunny becomes Tmod I can assist him with sits and other things.

Thanks for reading my staff app 😄

EDIT: yes I can be minge-y but in sits I can def handle it. There's a difference between not being good in roleplay and not being good in OOC which I'm better in OOC

Edited by King

+1

pog

You have been staff before so you should be pretty well-versed in the rules. They have changed a bit though

I can appreciate a pretty bulky app like this

You may be a bit quiet but you weren't a bad staff member before you left last time.

Plays on mac though, he needs a perma ban for that cursed version of gmod.

Best of luck in your future endeavors

Edited by GTA V Guy
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, GTA V Guy said:

+1

pog

You have been staff before so you should be pretty well-versed in the rules. They have changed a bit though

You may be a bit quiet but you weren't a bad staff member before you left last time.

man i cant afford no windows and this shitter physically cant install it 😞

but fr i might save up 

22 minutes ago, GTA V Guy said:

+1

pog

+1 agree i think he needs a non appealable perm ban

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

No need to wait a few weeks, start the change today 🙂

I have disagreed with you on incidents in the past, but I know you have a good grasp on the rules
I hope that if you get accepted you'll be committed to staying

Other than that....    +1

I mean I'm changing rn but ill be like... fully done in a few weeks? its hard to explain

sry abt that

9 hours ago, King said:

I mean I'm changing rn but ill be like... fully done in a few weeks? its hard to explain

sry abt that

Personally I like to see progress before showing support, I'll watch you in-game and give my opinion later.

Other then this:

You seem like a nice person who is supported.

You seem knowledgeable in the rules.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Novva said:

-1 when you had the name Michael Hee Hee you acted like a huge minge and was hard to play with.

yeah thats the reckless part i was talking about...

25 minutes ago, JigSawPuzzleZ said:

-1 Shown to be very minge and a little too immature.

This is very true but it's not how I really act. I can be mature and all that good stuff its just sometimes I don't wanna be and I'm trying to change that.

I have took a look at your prior trial mod review and you only got 2/5 endorsements.

I have had some fun roleplaying with you, but I feel as you are not a good fit for the staff team. 

I have seen the mingy side of you and its not the worst but not the best.

I hope you do not take offence to what I have said.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goose said:

I have took a look at your prior trial mod review and you only got 2/5 endorsements.

I have had some fun roleplaying with you, but I feel as you are not a good fit for the staff team. 

I have seen the mingy side of you and its not the worst but not the best.

I hope you do not take offence to what I have said.

I was mainly trying to learn and getting more endorsements but before I could I experienced some personal stuff and had to quit unfortunately..

On 5/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, FlameZ said:

+/- You have been mingy at times but I think if you truly try to change you will have a shot at staff.

for sure, i'm willing to try

+/-
You are a good staff
You have shown to be mingy sometimes even during staffing

You do deserve another chance, plus you will be restarting with a new system in play so i think you will learn quickly and be a better staff then before
Your actions recently have shown you are still a minge tho.

Neutral, but with hopes you get a second chance
Goodluck

• Love 1

Accepted

You had a rough time previously, however I think you've tried to improve and are doing better now and have a decent amount of Community Support.

Stay on a straight path and reach out to me if you need any advice/help. Good luck!

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Mentoring Link

Punishment Guidelines Link