AssBeater420's Staff Application

AetherNetwork.gg Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations): AssBeater420, CritDoesGames, or Crit (what i usually go by but the assbeater meme has stuck around for longer than intended)
  • Steam ID (https://steamid.io/)STEAM_0:1:230444001
  • Discord TagCrit Does Games#4904
  • Total Playtime (Type !time in-game): 1d 20h (edit: 5d 15hr 19m as of now)
  • Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)
  • Steam Profile (a link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/critdoesgames/
  • Times you're most active (The rough times you are able to be most active): everyday after about 12pm, sometimes earlier, this will change depending on my DEP calls but it shouldn't vary too much.

DarkRP General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm just now learning gmod, I've had some experience with dark rp in the past but never got into a server until I joined aether. You might notice the multiple vac bans on my account, obviously I'm pretty good at finding exploits and I think this experience will help with finding exploits and patching them before they become a problem. Being that I was sort of a scumbag in the past with glitching, cheating and exploiting games, I understand people that have this mentality and I can spot them quite easily. I also have experience moderating RP servers on FiveM, I was also an active community member of a few popular whitelist servers on there such as Redline RP and WackPack. I am aware that FiveM and DarkRP are completely different in many ways but I felt as though the past moderation experience in something RP related was relevant.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? (Yes/No): Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? (Yes/No)Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  • What initiates a raid?: An advert whether it be for pd or a regular base, this then begins a sort of 10 minute timer that you need to be aware of.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Yes
  • List 3 default Laws of The Land: Do not attack unless in defense of yourself or party members, Do not steal or break into bases, drugs and printers are illegal
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: First and foremost I would try to calm them down and let them know that not cooperating is only going to make it worse for them, I cannot solve their issue or correct their behavior without cooperation. If they still are not cooperating I would gag, mute, and freeze them, and then jail them or kick them depending on the severity of their infringement, or I would talk to a senior moderator to ask what the best course of action would be.
  • You see another staff member abusing their power (Give an example of a staff abusing and how you would handle it/who you would contact): Staff abusing could be a number of things such as using god mode to your advantage, handing out punishments for infractions that they didn't do, scouting bases to raid by no clipping, etc. I would use shadowplay to record evidence over time then hand in the footage to a senior administrator or Jouaram.
  • A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR (What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?)
  • RDM: Random Death Match, example(s) of infraction: a player buys a gun to go on a murder spree.
  • RDA (or RA): Random Arrest, example(s) of infraction: an officer arrests a player just because he has a high pitched voice (or squeaker as people like to say).
  • NLR: New Life Rule, example(s) of infraction: Dying during a raid then rushing back to the raid location immediately thereafter in order to get revenge.
Edited by AssBeater420
updated time played

+/-

+Great application for the most part, you can tell effort was put into it and I like most of your answers (great answers for scenario questions)

+Seems like someone who could be sculpted into a great staff member

-I haven’t interacted with you much as you’re fairly new

-get your forum and discord activity up

-if you’re coming from staffing on FiveM, I can definitely see you beIng too strict as an issue to start but that can be fixed with mentorship. 

3 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

+/- as well

I've based with you before and you seemed like a cool guy
Very nice, detailed app

Low playtime
Low forum activity

Players with such little time on the server are rarely ever accepted(the first time) but I feel with more community interaction from you, you would be a great addition to staff
Good luck!

i also see you on a handful of times so -/+

+1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, Dildozer said:

+Great application for the most part, you can tell effort was put into it and I like most of your answers (great answers for scenario questions)

+Seems like someone who could be sculpted into a great staff member

-I haven’t interacted with you much as you’re fairly new

-get your forum and discord activity up

-if you’re coming from staffing on FiveM, I can definitely see you beIng too strict as an issue to start but that can be fixed with mentorship. 

Accepted

I have not interacted with you too much however you have gained massive positive Community Feedback and kept consistent activity, with those two things in mind you definitely deserve a shot at trial moderator.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link