Creed's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Creed
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:57022535
  • Discord Tag: Creed#6568
  • Total Playtime: 1w 21h 17m
  • Timezone: Eastern 
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/HelloMyNamesCreed
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 5PM-12AM EST Everyday. - I'm currently working PT, looking for FT work. These hours may change.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I have been playing Garry's Mod for approx. 8 years, a majority of that time I have been playing DarkRP and administrating on many of the servers I have played on. I have also for a brief period ran my own TTT servers however that is somewhat irrelevant. I have a decent amount of experience with the administration tools that are currently being used on most servers, and even more experience communicating with players and other staff members appropriately. I believe I would be good addition to the staff team due to my experience, my capability to act professionally and because I enjoy being involved in the community.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I have read the rules several times.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, of course.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I guarantee it.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?: Typing "/advert raid". Using lockpicks, keypad crackers, EMP's or any other type of breaching tool.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid, can you kill them?: Only if the base owner is within the "interfering distance".
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  1. Raiding is illegal.
  2. Money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal.
  3. Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  4. Harming other citizens is illegal unless in self defense.
  5. Threats are illegal.
  6. Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  7. Shooting firearms in public is illegal.
  8. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger.
  9. AOS/KOS Laws must have a 10 second warning before enforcing.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1 base per party.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?I would give the player a verbal warning for not cooperating and politely ask them to cooperate to ensure that the sit is resolved appropriately. If they proceed with not cooperating or break any rules during the sit (RDM, hate speech, etc.), I will issue further warnings accordingly.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?Yes. In most cases this would be harassment or NITRP (No Intent to Role Play). In either case I would give the player a verbal warning and explain to them that what they are doing is disallowed. If the player proceeded with their previous behavior I would punish them accordingly.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: A staff member has been no-clipping into several different players bases. They have been doing this so they can learn the layout of the base before they raid it. I would handle it by gathering sufficient evidence of this offense and once I have done so, I would proceed with submitting a report on the forums, so that the proper administrators can handle the situation.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?If a player has been killing others excessively and no sits have been created, I would investigate further by asking the players what is going on. If Mass RDM has been occurring I would issue an appropriate punishment based on their previous offenses. Quoting the Staff Handbook "Mass RDM - 1st Offense > 3 day ban, 2nd Offense > 1 week ban, 3rd Offense > 2 week ban".
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would inform the Mayor that a lockdown can last no more than 10 minutes. If the lockdown has been ongoing past the 10 minute period, I would ask them to disable the lockdown. If they refuse, I would issue them a warning and demote them from the job.

~Thank you for reading my application 🙂 I look forward to your response.

Edited by Creed
Updated Playtime

+1 For many reasons,

- Detailed and descriptive staff application

- Experienced in administrative work in DarkRP

- From reading the staff application it seems like to me that you KNOW the rules of the server.

Your play time is okay, I have seen you periodically on the server and never had any real issues with you in the server so therefore I would like to see you become apart of the staff team!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basic said:

+1

I have had many solid interactions with you in game, and you definitely seem to know your way around the server rules. Also great application!

Sucks at poker but thats ok🎃

Thank you! Also that's true about sucking at poker xD

2 hours ago, Oogla said:

+1 For many reasons,

- From reading the staff application it seems like to me that you KNOW the rules of the server.

Your play time is okay, I have seen you periodically on the server and never had any real issues with you in the server so therefore I would like to see you become apart of the staff team!

Thank you!

On 10/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, Oogla said:

+1 For many reasons,

I agree with this, your staff app and I myself dont have a problem or any issues +1 

Goodluck on your staff app!!