silence's staff application

In-Game Name: silence from wallstreet

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can offer a good experience to new players and even veteran players I'm pretty lenient to a certain extent, I don't really have any hatred for anyone I kinda am just cool with everyone and I don't pick any sides in a situation if my homies got in a sit you know it'd be equal because I treat everyone the same no matter really what they've done in the past or present I'm an old ret player I grew up on ret it was my home for a while until the adult life came and I had to leave it to get my life together.
  •  
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand, and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yeah, I doubt there would be any margin of error
  •  
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yeah the higher-up's judgment and help is my most important tool to success
  •  
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: yeah, definitely I'm pretty active

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes
  •  
  • What initiates a raid?: I would say there is a multitude of ways but of course the main one is /advert (raid) /advert party raid of course there is blow torch | keypad cracker | lockpick | breach juice | emp grenades that could initiate. 
  •  
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances 
  • sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them : well no that's RDM you can't kill the base owner unless you Advert that you are raiding because how is he going to know you are raiding without indication of it.
  •  
  • List all default Laws of The Land: Raiding is illegal 
  • Bitcoin racks are illegal not the small ones
  • drugs explosives, killing / harming other people
  • shooting in public | threat kidnapping theft
  • and the laws are AOS And only KOS if the players' life is in grave danger.
  •  
  • How many bases can you own per party?: only one.
  •  
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Well let's say it's an MRDMER and he/she is not being cooperative if it is more in a joking manner or some shit like that I'll probably just go with it and see if they actually wanna be serious about it but if not I mean I can't do a lot because I can't control the minds and mouths of the person so administering punishment would probably be the best course of action if they are being uncooperative to a point where it's not fixable in the sit.
  •  
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: of course, it depends on the situation and how bad it is about ruining another players time because there is a multitude of ways you can ruin peoples time like raiding, lowballing in trades, stealing deals, etc but if your talking like actual bullying/harassment that is not tolerated and if they will be quickly dealt with if that is seen/heard it's just not good for anyone.
  •  
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: I'd probably give an example of abuse like excessively no clipping in and out of bases to obtain presents or anything of monetary gain for their benefit in this instance I would report it to the higherups and see what could be done about it but that's all id be able to do 
  •  
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: freeze and bring the players so they do not continue to actively shoot random people, and promptly tell them what they are doing wrong and if they are unaware of what they are doing I would tell them, and a punishment would be probably coming depending on severity.
  •  
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: well I mean I would probably let them know to turn it off and if they refuse I'd probably request to have them switch off the job, or get it done by a higherup \ just press the button 

Extra Comments :

Im colorblind dawg so the color scheme is weird

1 hour ago, highroller silence said:

How can you contribute to Aether?: I can offer a good experience to new players and even veteran players I'm pretty lenient to a certain extent, I don't really have any hatred for anyone I kinda am just cool with everyone and I don't pick any sides in a situation if my homies got in a sit you know it'd be equal because I treat everyone the same no matter really what they've done in the past or present I'm an old ret player I grew up on ret it was my home for a while until the adult life came and I had to leave it to get my life together.

I've always told any one I considered "Friends" that I expect them to behave in the manner that abides by the rules of the server if they can't do that then well we can't really be "friends" kind of hard to be staff when you're friends are trolls (not that I'm implying your friends are). But if they are well mannered enough and you can help them improve then thats good. But if you are hanging around with hard core trolls then thats a different matter.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yeah the higher-up's judgment and help is my most important tool to success

Sure but critical thinking is going to be key to Success not every situation is going to have a rule that directly applies to it. and "Higher Up's" aren't always available, and there will be things that even they will not have a question to. Listing to them is about helping you growing not giving you the solution to every problem. Though you should alway feel free to ask any one there opinion or help with a matter if you don't think you fully understand it.

•  
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Well let's say it's an MRDMER and he/she is not being cooperative if it is more in a joking manner or some shit like that I'll probably just go with it and see if they actually wanna be serious about it but if not I mean I can't do a lot because I can't control the minds and mouths of the person so administering punishment would probably be the best course of action if they are being uncooperative to a point where it's not fixable in the sit.

I have said many times being a "Staff/Admin" how ever you want to phrase it is as much a Teaching job as it is enforcement. There are many players who just want to be a Jerk and break rules and others who are just not up to speed on rules as they should be so in this situation Your right you have to determine if they are going to Learn from it or if they are just going to be a jerk.

Over all I'm not 100% sure as the questions I quoted/responded to leave me with more questions then a Answer So I'm for now

+/-

-/ Leaning towards +1 here' why;

6 hours ago, highroller silence said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Well let's say it's an MRDMER and he/she is not being cooperative if it is more in a joking manner or some shit like that I'll probably just go with it and see if they actually wanna be serious about it but if not I mean I can't do a lot because I can't control the minds and mouths of the person so administering punishment would probably be the best course of action if they are being uncooperative to a point where it's not fixable in the sit.

Any time a sit is called about a MRDM or RDM we have to warn them even if they're joking around, unless the person calling the sit says that they do not want them to be warned then you do a Resolved In Sit warn. MRDM you almost never give them a RIS for MRDM 

You have good play time in game, I have been basing with you the past couple of days and you seem like you are a reasonable person and chill, which is something that we look for in people for future TMods. 

Good Luck man, hope to see you on the staff team!

7 hours ago, TangoDown said:

I've always told any one I considered "Friends" that I expect them to behave in the manner that abides by the rules of the server if they can't do that then well we can't really be "friends" kind of hard to be staff when you're friends are trolls (not that I'm implying your friends are). But if they are well mannered enough and you can help them improve then thats good. But if you are hanging around with hard core trolls then thats a different matter.

Sure but critical thinking is going to be key to Success not every situation is going to have a rule that directly applies to it. and "Higher Up's" aren't always available, and there will be things that even they will not have a question to. Listing to them is about helping you growing not giving you the solution to every problem. Though you should alway feel free to ask any one there opinion or help with a matter if you don't think you fully understand it.

I have said many times being a "Staff/Admin" how ever you want to phrase it is as much a Teaching job as it is enforcement. There are many players who just want to be a Jerk and break rules and others who are just not up to speed on rules as they should be so in this situation Your right you have to determine if they are going to Learn from it or if they are just going to be a jerk.

Over all I'm not 100% sure as the questions I quoted/responded to leave me with more questions then a Answer So I'm for now

+/-

About the "friends" thing, I'm sure it's good to be open to all sides to listen to anyone and especially during a sit. Regardless about higher ups and guidance, Silence is one of the only mature people I know that genuinely contribute and love the server. He's rarely mean and has good enough knowledge of the rules to be T-mod. I think he would be good part of the mods so this is a +1

6 hours ago, ChaseOuyy said:

About the "friends" thing, I'm sure it's good to be open to all sides to listen to anyone and especially during a sit. Regardless about higher ups and guidance, Silence is one of the only mature people I know that genuinely contribute and love the server. He's rarely mean and has good enough knowledge of the rules to be T-mod. I think he would be good part of the mods so this is a +1

We all make mistakes and I'm not saying that every "Friend" has to be perfect. You do how ever need to not only have to have a good reputation with the community the people you associate with. The consciences of some one being a known associate of a Troll is Your own character comes into question thus you become less trustworthy.

30 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

We all make mistakes and I'm not saying that every "Friend" has to be perfect. You do how ever need to not only have to have a good reputation with the community the people you associate with. The consciences of some one being a known associate of a Troll is Your own character comes into question thus you become less trustworthy.

I kind of had a stroke reason and as this is true, this is was the staff app is for. It's for people to give feedback on the player for his qualities and if it matches the qualities of a needed staff. Just my opinion though...

7 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

@ChaseOuyy Agreed and the reason I posted those things is to give @highroller silence the opportunity to perhaps clarify these things. Not that I alone hold the key to his acceptance But perhaps gain my support and also perhaps gain more support by answering/clarifying things I did not quite understand. 

I see. Also agreed.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:20 AM, TangoDown said:

+/-

everything you stated here I understand it, I just have poor wording but really good job pointing these things out.

15 hours ago, TangoDown said:

@highroller silencemaybe if you could help turn your friends around from trolling and rulebreaking while staff it'd show how well you are versed in the community and such. 

One thing I've learned is that When you are the one who is charged with responsibility (And I've worked my way up to "Store Manager" at a fast food chain) is...

You Are A Teacher.

You Are A Teacher.

You Are A Teacher.

And You are A Enforcer of The Rules.

You cannot be a teacher if you are "Goofing around with people breaking the rules As a "Manager" you are charged with keeping things running and everything running according to the guidance of your Employer.

I get that this isn't exactly the same for something that is Online but it is quite similar. In order for me to be the store manager I never Tried to make my employees feel like I was just a jerk boss who didn't give a crap about them, I had to balance out friendship with responsibility. I also always listened to them as quite often (many of them had been working the kitchen longer then I've been there) that they have some great ideas to improves the processes and as long as those ideas didn't break any food safety I was all for it.

This is all to say that being in a leadership role has a lot of responsibility and in order for you to execute your duty's you must balance your relationships that means You try and help and improve the people you are friends with but at the same time You must hold them to account and if they can't except that new relationship and represent that friend ship in a positive manner then You will have a very strained relationship and You will either have to decide to break that friendship or no longer be in a leadership role.

Your Main Goal is to keep the peace and try and improve the community by helping its members learn and grow. As Staff You Represent Aether Network and its Owner Jouaram And that is something that is taken Seriously.

Edited by TangoDown

ACCEPTED

We haven't interacted much on Aether but I've known of you for a while and we've interacted in the past, some players did mention mingey/rulebreaking friends but hopefully you are mature enough to not let that affect you and won't affiliate with it as Staff - as long as you're willing and capable of learning the ropes of how we Staff on Aether you'll do great. 

Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Dreadnaught @DreadnaughtV2

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Cool 2