Why still play?

I recently achieved the status of 10 years on Steam and the only reason I got Steam was for Garry’s Mod. That means I have been playing this game for ten whole years! That’s older than some of the players on Aether specifically @luxeray

My question is why do you still play this game? For me I have been playing DarkRP for a while now and have been on Aether since my freshman year of college and now I am a senior. I want everyone to share!

I’ll start! One of the biggest reasons I play Aether and just GMOD in general is because of the building. I LOVE building games like Minecraft for example. I love creating and making something from scratch. It always draws me in and the community helps as well. I have made so many friends and ops on Aether. I love the fact that I can hop on paste a McDonalds dupe and everyone just goes nuts. 

What about you?

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, TimHopgood said:

only reason I got Steam was for Garry’s Mod

Yup, I got gmod around 2006 illegally on my dads old work laptop and played it like that for years until I wanted the actual game and had my dad go to gamestop to get Garrys Mod (bruh..) and later found out I needed to get a steam account.

I play gmod because my friends play it and farming fake money for funny boxes is a good time waster.

• Like 1

Source games were my first introduction to the "adult" world of gaming almost 15 years ago. First time I played Garry's Mod was in a conputer bar/LAN gaming center (the place where you rent a workstation to play games on it). Then I got Steam, CS:S, and GMod. Source & GM have influenced so much of my gaming existence that I've got to flatly say Source games are the best, and have a special place in my heart, GMod especially.

GMod is the pinnacle Source game. That's why I still play it. Too good to put down and if you're bored there's always some niche server with crazy mechanics that you can play.

But as for why I keep coming back to Aether? It's just a nice community. Funny toys w crates and a good crowd.

Garry's Mod is super nostalgic for me. When I got my first computer, Garry's Mod was the first game I downloaded and played. My favourite things to do were RP as a gun dealer in DarkRP or play JailBreak (RIP). Garry's Mod today still takes me back to those times. Something about it just feels right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i play this game for the humorus moments and meth making ive played it since i was a kid ive always had intrestest in the game interacting with other players/etc doing events its fun asf i love seeing i have over a bil and wishing it would turn irl like everyone else great server great game lots of fun and good times and i have many memorys on this game/server

Honestly just the goofy, stupid, weird, and meaningful conversations and interactions I see on the daily is the reason why I still play GMOD as a whole. I love hopping on a DarkRP server and just shooting the shit with people, or literally shooting people in mutual combat.