Novva's Tmod Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Novva
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:216471142
  • Discord Tag: supersaiyanthree
  • Total Playtime (24 hours/1 day REQUIRED): 1mo 4d 2h 25m.
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Geologists/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): After 5:30 pm EST most days

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute by being active late into the night when "Demon Aether" is going on, using my past knowledge and what I know now to bring a greater experience to players. Always help out new players getting them started and teaching the rules without being overbearing. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, I am always ready to learn something.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish 15 sits each week?Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: A raid can last 10 minutes. 
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: They have to wait for the 30-minute raid cooldown.
  • What initiates a raid?:  By using /advert raid being within microphone distance of the base.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes, if the job allows you to steal. 
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game)/advert raid | /advert bank raid | /advert pd raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?No, you have to /advert raid first and the base owner must be within microphone distance for you to be able to kill them.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?No, this ends the raid.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?No, this is what staff are for.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?Depending on the warn history of the player they will be punished accordingly and would fall under RDM. If they are doing this repeatedly to cause issues it could also fall under NITRP.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
    Raiding and stealing is illegal.
    Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal
    Harming players is illegal unless you are inside your base
    Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted
  • How many bases can you own per party?1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?This depends on the situation I would hurry up and get the person who reported them returned and attempt to reimburse them if needed and reassure them the player will be dealt with. After that, I would try my best to get them to calm down and come to an understanding with me but if all else fails I will gag them or freeze them if needed I will explain what they did wrong and tell them how to not have a issue like that again and return them.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?Yes, this could be harassment and be counted as NITRP.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle itA staff could be abusing by, using god mode out of sits, no clipping around, physgunning people for no reason. I would immediately contact a higher up and record what is happening.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?I would bring them the admin land, freeze them let them know what they are doing wrong warn them for MRDM, and ban them according to previous warns.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?I would bring the mayor and let them know that they can't be doing lockdowns for no reason if they refuse to cooperate I would warn them for job abuse and possibly NITRP depending on the situation and past warns.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Novva said:

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?No, this is what staff are for.

Wish more people had this mindset.

Anyways, minus the issue that Zenie pointed out, I haven't interacted with you too much in game. But your app looks good. No real issues I have seen, plus having active staff in the late nights when most of us are AFK/asleep for work/busy with real life is always needed, so why not? +1

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

+1

I've known Novva since 2021 when Retribution had it's "revamp" and Aether was still fairly new, unfortunately, I can't access my old account so this is my new one.

If anyone hasn't interacted with Novva, I will vouch for him.

He is an amazing individual and knows the rules very well. I fully believe that Novva is probably the best suited to become staff on the server and if I could, I would give him a +20.

Good luck Novva and I hope you become staff, you definitely deserve the position.

Also, the app is good, very nicely constructed.

Edited by Uranus2
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

16 minutes ago, Uranus2 said:

+1

I've known Novva since 2021 when Retribution had it's "revamp" and Aether was still fairly new, unfortunately, I can't access my old account so this is my new one.

If anyone hasn't interacted with Novva, I will vouch for him.

He is an amazing individual and knows the rules very well. I fully believe that Novva is probably the best suited to become staff on the server and if I could, I would give him a +20.

Good luck Novva and I hope you become staff, you definitely deserve the position.

Also, the app is good, very nicely constructed.

Bro where have you been

3 hours ago, Novva said:

Bro where have you been

I've been busy but imma start playing again. I want to try and get back onto staff too.

• Love 1

+1

I haven't had any issues with you. 

No Active Warns.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:18 PM, Just Monika said:
On 5/5/2024 at 1:53 AM, Novva said:

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?No, this is what staff are for.

Wish more people had this mindset.

100% agree with what Monika said.

And were you in Ret? Your name looks familiar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

+1

I haven't had any issues with you. 

No Active Warns.

100% agree with what Monika said.

And were you in Ret? Your name looks familiar.

I did play ret with the same name

5 hours ago, Stigma said:

-1 My only interaction with this person has been a negative one. Negative comments and unnecessary things said on another players staff application.

-1 someone's app because they-1 your friend's app doesn't really mean much in my opinion. But thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Currently on the wall of +/- currently just because i know you have previous staffing experience and based on your ability to staff from your past i can say +1 but i can’t say i’ve really seen you super engaged with the community other than a few older players that have also returned around the same time as you. I credit you trying to turn things around and moving forward with the past and getting unbanned from the discord that’s a pretty big step for anyone in my opinion but for now i remain, 

- Neutral -

Edited by James
  • Like 1

Zenie pointed out one small error in the application, James made a good point about your engagement with the community and your history. Your server activity looks good and frequent unsure if its afk time or not but regardless. I believe people can change so im gonna lean towards a +1 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donnie said:

-1 someone's app because they-1 your friend's app doesn't really mean much in my opinion. But thanks for sharing.

I -1 It because of their attitude towards another player applying for staff, with no real constructive criticism to give, not because it was my friend.

• Woozy 1

31 minutes ago, Stigma said:

I -1 It because of their attitude towards another player applying for staff, with no real constructive criticism to give, not because it was my friend.

This is not a discussion post. However staff are meant to be able to accept criticism (regardless if it is constructive or not) from other staff, and players as a means of improvement and possible self reflection.

36 minutes ago, Stigma said:

I -1 It because of their attitude towards another player applying for staff,

This is pretty much what @Donnie stated above.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 4:13 AM, Flowers said:

-/+

I'm kinda suspicious of you, and a bit concerned with your involvement benind the reason you were banned from the discord. Mainly only the victim and perhaps Jouaram could testify. You were unbanned so I want to trust you didn't have the ill intentions but i am still wary of you. May time change that may it not.

Edited by Flowers

27 minutes ago, Flowers said:

I'm kinda suspicious of you, and a bit concerned with your involvement benind the reason you were banned from the discord. Mainly only the victim and perhaps Jouaram could testify. You were unbanned so I want to trust you didn't have the ill intentions but i am still wary of you. May time change that may it not.

If you would like message me on discord (supersaiyanthree) 

Posted (edited)

Leaning towards +1 now

after a respectful conversation and chat i feel more comfortable on if Novva becoming a staff again is a good idea or not

Edited by Flowers

Changing my vote to,

+1,

• While he has went MIA from staffing for 2 years, he showcased that he is quite knowledgeable and up to date with the server rules. He has also accepted the fact that he has fked up (referring to his discord ban that was lifted) and willing to improve moving forward.
  • Extremely active on the server and has shown to be quite level headed which is quite an importance while being staff.
  • Had no negative interactions with your prior to the creation of the staff app.
  • Love 1