ThiccYe Staff Application

AetherNetwork.gg

Staffing Requirements:

Copy and then post your application HERE

Video guide on how to get started with your application HERE

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED.

• You MUST maintain a healthy activity level In-Game, on Forums and in Discord when applying for staff.
  • During the Trial-Mod phase you will be given assistance by all staff members, your trial moderator period can last up to 4 weeks.
  • Your application will be responded to when a decision has been made, usually this takes 7 days but some applications may take more or less time.
  • You MUST fill out the template correctly or else your application will be DENIED.
  • Lying in your application will prove to us that you are untrustworthy, if found out you will be DENIED.
  • If you are found advertising your application it will be DENIED.
    • Talking about your application prior to posting it is okay to get help but talking about it/advertising it after it's been posted will result in an instant denial. Be patient. 
  • If you are found plagiarizing your application it will be DENIED and you will be added to a Staff Blacklist.
  • If you are DENIED you may NOT post another application until 1 Week after the denial post.

Copy Template Below The Lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one):ThiccYe
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:73209305
  • Discord Tag: ThiccYe#6771
  • Total Playtime: 6d 18h 11m
  • Timezone: Central Daylight Time
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106684339/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Usually 12pm-3pm and/or 9pm-2am. I dont have a set schedule for work so its isnt super predictable.

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: Enforcing rules in a consistent manner that aligns with other staff members methods and guiding community members towards having fun, uninterrupted experience on the server.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 minutes from the time it was adverted.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 20 minutes from the time all party members raiding have died.
  • What initiates a raid?: When a player /adverts raid in the chat
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: As long the player's job is allowed to steal, they do not need to advert raid to steal an item from a base without using a raid tool.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game)/advert Hit Raid, /advert Raid, /advert PD Raid, /advert Bank Raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: You cannot kill anyone inside or outside of the base you're raiding until you have adverted raid
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, your participation in a raid ends the moment you arrested and must be adverted as ended
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, RDM is only punishable by staff
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: This will be punished as RDM and the severity will be decided by previous warns.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • 1. Raiding is illegal.
  • 2. Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • 3. Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • 4. Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • 5. Life Threats are illegal.
  • 6. Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • 7. Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • 8. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • 9. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • 10. Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • 11. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • 12. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: One
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If a player doesnt want to state their side of the story in a sit then they will have to be punished depending on the proof the opposite party/logs have available.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Unless the player is minging or harassing (directly or indirectly) another player, they cannot be punished without having broken any server rules.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using no-clip to discreetly sexually harass underage players on the server. I would report this to a higher authority admin.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: A player that is mass rdming will be immediately frozen and punished accordingly. Depending on the situation this may NOT be conducted in public to shame the player and raise morale for other community members.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would allow the mayor to voice his reasoning, and if it is invalid and he still refuses to end the lockdown then he will be demoted and warned.

Extra Comments: My day job IRL is Bartending and it gives me confidence to deal with any tense or tough situation that I run into with a calm and level head. De-escalation and problem solving is all apart of my job and I'm sure it will transfer well into being staff on this server. Also Hi my real name is Andrew.

Edited by ThiccYe
Bad joke

2 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

Depending on the situation this may be conducted in public to shame the player and raise morale for other community members.

we don't do that

other than that, i haven't had any issues with you and i enjoy our chats in the jail at pd, so +1

Edited by hann

8 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, your participation in a raid ends the moment you arrested and must be adverted as ended

Correct but adverting over is not required

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: If a player doesnt want to state their side of the story in a sit then they will have to be punished depending on the proof the opposite party/logs have available.

How would you go about handling different kinds of non co-operative players? Such as yelling, running away, etc?

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Unless the player is minging or harassing (directly or indirectly) another player, they cannot be punished without having broken any server rules.

If someone is intentionally ruining other players enjoyment on the server they should be punished.

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: A player that is mass rdming will be immediately frozen and punished accordingly. Depending on the situation this may be conducted in public to shame the player and raise morale for other community members.

You have since edited this answer but it was weird enough that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll go +/- because of that answer specifically 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RevoltPlays said:

You have since edited this answer but it was weird enough that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll go +/- because of that answer specifically 

Yeah that was meant to just be a bad joke my bad

+1, I've interacted with ye quite a bit - especially at times when there are no staff online. He's constantly active in-RP, follows rules consistently (from what I've seen, and is enjoyable to be around.

• Love 1

I agree with revolt. I would probably have +1 this if it where not for the comments made regarding the MassRDM question. Its not something I would expect from you has I've had plenty of interactions/conversations with you and this Diff dose not feel like the "norm" from you So now I'm not sure what to think.

+/-

1 hour ago, TangoDown said:

I agree with revolt. I would probably have +1 this if it where not for the comments made regarding the MassRDM question. Its not something I would expect from you has I've had plenty of interactions/conversations with you and this Diff dose not feel like the "norm" from you So now I'm not sure what to think.

+/-

Like I said further up in the thread that was a bad attempt at a joke. I wrote the application at 5 am and my sleepy mind thought it would be funny. I can assure you that’s not how I would actually handle that situation.

14 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

Like I said further up in the thread that was a bad attempt at a joke. I wrote the application at 5 am and my sleepy mind thought it would be funny. I can assure you that’s not how I would actually handle that situation.

Well 5am/Noon/8pm/Midnight we are responsible for what we do. The reason/excuse does not change the consequences of our actions So while I think You prob could be a good staff member the Lack of judgment in this case is concerning.

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

You have good intentions and appear to be older/mature which is good for staying level headed during sits. Your T-Mod phase will show us if you're capable, so I am excited to see the outcome. Listen to your Mentor and fellow Staff members so you can be the best you possible can. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @RevoltPlays @RevLurks

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)