Mr Pecker Staff App #2

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Mr Pecker
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:512271730
  • Discord Tag: nickb396#5059

Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): 166 Hrs

• Timezone: Mountain Time
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198984809189/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): Monday-Thursday im usually on after 6:30 my time and friday and sunday im usually on for most of the day

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute to aether by helping to make the server an entertaining and toxic free sever i fell like the biggest thing with gmod servers is a lot of them can be toxic or have staff that dont do their job well since ive played on aether its been by far my most favorite gmod server i have ever played and id love to help maintain a healthy and fun server
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes ive read over the rules quite a few times now but the way that most of the rues stuck with me was by putting countless hours into this server in the short amount of time ive been playing it and by asking staff questions 
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: yes most definitely i fell whether or not i felt comfortable with jumping right into a staff position without any training or anything along the lines of that i would much rather learn from someone whos been around the block a few times and learn from them and their mistakes 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: yes of course i am on this sever pretty much every day after work and play alot on my days off 

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: a raid can last up to ten minutes and the base must be left after destroying the raidables 
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: if a player in your party dies during a raid they would need to wait for the 30 minute cooldown to finsih up before attempting to raid again 
  • What initiates a raid?:  type /advert raid or if your raid pd or bank you would have to do /advert pd raid | /advert bank raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: as long as it is in the description of your job
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: no that would be RDM you would need to advert the raid before damaging the player
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: no that would be fail raid you need to wait 30 minutes 
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: of course not that is just as bad as them rdming you
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: i would pull the player to a sit and ask them why they are harming people for no reason and remind them that harming a player is illegal unless you are inside your base is one of the default laws of the land 
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding and stealing is illegal
  • Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal
  • Harming players is illegal unless you are inside your base
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted
  • How many bases can you own per party?: you can have 1 raidable base and 1 rp base when you are in a party
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: i would ask them if there is anything i could do to make them want to cooperate with me 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: yes that is rule #1 in the server rules 
  • Be civil, this is a game - treat it as one and try to have fun; if you are intentionally ruining or disrupting other’s gameplay you will be punished accordingly.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using their powers to no clip raid or breaking the rules i would handle it by letting someone above me know 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would ask them first what their reasoning on mass RDMing is and let them know its not allowed and if it was their first offense it would be a 3 day ban
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: i would ask the mayor to disable the lockdown and if he refused then iwould let him know that due to him/her refusing to lift the lockdown i would have to demote them form the position of mayor -edit and warn for job abuse 

Extra Comments: i appreciate everyones constructive criticism on my last application it opened up my eyes a lot and made me want to learn as much as possible while playing on this server thank you for taking the time to go over my application 🙂 also for anyone who has not gotten to interact or play on the server with me i would love to try and make time to do so -edit about my active warns the first two was when i first joined the server and had no idea what i was doing lol (i should have read the rules) and the last warn was an accidental rdm but due to me not having a clip i got a warn

Edited by Mr Pecker

1 hour ago, Mr Pecker said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: i would ask them if there is anything i could do to make them want to cooperate with me 

they are noncooperative, if they called the sit and they keep making sits to waste your time, warn them for wasting staff time, if they are the defendant, mute/gag them, tell them what they did wrong and tell them that if they think the sit was unjust, to take it to the forums, then after you deal him his warn or solve his problem return him then ungag/unmute them

1 hour ago, Mr Pecker said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: i would ask the mayor to disable the lockdown and if he refused then iwould let him know that due to him/her refusing to lift the lockdown i would have to demote them form the position of mayor

don't forget to warn them for job abuse

https://gyazo.com/f2a9fbaf15cca7b54bbf82d998c7c147

so you have 2 active warns, but from what I see from the application you gave us and the fact that you haven't been warned for the rdm and rda warns since the first warns, it seems as if you took your time since your last application and last warns to learn about the server rules. You have really nice time on and I do see you active. Also, another comment i have is every time ive had an interaction with you, it's been nothing but kindness and you asking me questions about the rules and server.

+1 

i do believe you want to become staff to help the server you play on and i do believe you should have a go at trial mod, just don't forget my choice is subject to change in the future.

good luck

Edited by Arestios
  • Love 1

+1 I've played a fair amount with Mr Pecker, whether it was on his team or just random interactions and encounters, personally I've never had a negative interaction those are the reasons for a +1 from me!

Edited by Logman
Spelling error
  • Love 2

+1

when i got on this server MR pecker was one of the first I met on this game. he has helped me when I needed help instead of making a sit with the admin. i get on this game almost everyday and i see him active. i honestly feel like he would be a great fit in my opinion. he has helped me get perms. hes also bought me stuff because i asked him what the weapon does. he is honestly a great player and i really hope he gets it! GG MR PECKER! 

• Love 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:28 PM, Arestios said:

don't forget to warn them for job abuse

https://gyazo.com/f2a9fbaf15cca7b54bbf82d998c7c147

so you have 2 active warns, but from what I see from the application you gave us and the fact that you haven't been warned for the rdm and rda warns since the first warns, it seems as if you took your time since your last application and last warns to learn about the server rules. You have really nice time on and I do see you active. Also, another comment i have is every time ive had an interaction with you, it's been nothing but kindness and you asking me questions about the rules and server.

+1 

i do believe you want to become staff to help the server you play on and i do believe you should have a go at trial mod, just don't forget my choice is subject to change in the future.

good luck

Ares summed this up perfectly you have shown you are ready and wanting to improve which is a great look you have stayed active and continue to interact with the community in a positive way! Activity seems pretty steady and consistent Keep it up and stay active on gmod, discord, forums and such 🙂

+1 

image.png.791c7217d3b7adc6f73601d09b0ee188.png

Good Luck !

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+1,

• Knowledgeable on the rules and how to handle staff related punishments.
  • Although he has been warned in the past, he has demonstrated that he's willing to put it past him to use it as a learning experience as stated on his extra comment of this staff app and improve let alone taking the advice of others from his first staff into consideration which shows growth.
  • Had no negative interactions with you prior to the creation of this staff app. 
  • Love 1

ACCEPTED

You are pretty chill in-game and have created a positive impact on other Community members, we haven't interacted too much but based on what I've seen I think you deserve a shot at showing is what you've got. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Lofi

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)