UnclearCrowd's staff app

1 minute ago, flipflop said:

I know you're a cool guy and all but don't get missunderstood, that's of why I think and it's not you in "general"

Thats not an opinion its pushing bad narratives on me that are blown out of proportion. Like im down for everyone to have an opinion and if people say they dont like me for x reasons and I dont have a response to it because its just fact im fine with that, but your whole argument on why you think that im not fit to be a staff is just getting select few information from a chat and blowing it up. 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:23 AM, Dreadnaught said:

Giving you a gigantic -1 for this very reason...

Quote by Unclear himself:

"Holy shit admins its like none of yall care about this server someone needs to be on.
There is so much stuff going on
Please come on the serve
@Berlin @BLKBEARD @Dreadnaught @Surreh  @yousetoffmytrap  @Victus_sinistus There is literally no admins on? Someone needs to get on
Mrdm. Nlr breaking,  Failrp
Literally having people say the admins have abandoned the server
Someone get on plz
@Jouaram and @Uranus  Are the only 2 on that I can see. I looked through all the tabz and still only them and I think uranus is afk or something
Someone get on
@Staff"

+/-
He does this every single day though, and like while people are working or sleeping, when staff actually are busy with their real lives and not during peak times sometimes.
And I haven't said anything about it til now because I was waiting to see if it would continue, and it does.

You are very active, and friendly

I feel however you will not take criticism well, also from going off this application and the way you are responding makes me think this as well, even having doubts about staff members we should always try to help each other if you do become a tmod, there should be no negative vibes between anyone.

I think you have good intentions, but I think you wont handle pressure of being staff very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victus Sinistus said:

+/-
He does this every single day though, and like while people are working or sleeping, when staff actually are busy with their real lives and not during peak times sometimes.
And I haven't said anything about it til now because I was waiting to see if it would continue, and it does.

You are very active, and friendly

I feel however you will not take criticism well, also from going off this application and the way you are responding makes me think this as well, even having doubts about staff members we should always try to help each other if you do become a tmod, there should be no negative vibes between anyone.

I think you have good intentions, but I think you wont handle pressure of being staff very well.

What on the response made it look this way? Generally wanna know, doubts about staff memembers are fine. Just how you have doubts that I wont be a good staff memebers. I have a few doubts on people and those doubts are well deserved due to many things. Criticism is a very flunctuate word. What I mean by that is I think there is a difference between criticism and being wrong or mislead, this is because a select few people on this staff app actually got to know me. As you can see the people who have actually gotten to know me know me for who I fully am. I agree that I can get a bit angry sometimes. i also wanna know where I did that more than one time? I have asked staff to get on after that whole thing that, but definitely not in the anger I did that day. There needs to be staff on at all times besides like super inactive times. Thats why I wanna be a staff. A lot of times I get rdmed or people break nlr or people fail rp and I really wanna help stop that in this server. But sometimes that literally cant happen because mods are not on. I wanna support everyone, but also other people have to contribute to the community that is aether network. Considering the growing size I shouldnt have to worry that an rdm fest going on for 5-10 minutes should happen. Which this is what happened today. Which is which I think you are getting the fact that I keep on doing it. Im doing it because if this stuff doesn't stop it ruins the actual  players experience on aether network. I understand that people have lives like I have explained before, but I have never seen the chaos that goes on aether network go on in other servers because of lack of active moderators in the community. That is why I want to be moderator. I also would like to add that I will keep on making staff app in between each wekk because I do really wanna help this server. 

Anyways thank you for the feedback and sorry if I ranted a bit lol @Victus Sinistus

Edited by UnclearCrowd
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, UnclearCrowd said:

moderators should be one atleast be on sometime every day. I stand by this fully. Like I said in the message people can have breaks or miss a few days, but you and your fellow mods signed up for this job.

I don't agree at all. It's easy to say that moderators/staff in general should be on at least once a day for a little while if you're younger, which in this case you are. The reality is that people can't always get on every day or even every other day, and that is fine. Expecting people to get on once a day is too demanding as a gmod server and will only serve to push those people out of their staffing positions. They are also far more likely to get burnt out if they do play that frequently, which will inevitably end up in resignations or time off from the server - something that I'm sure someone like you wouldn't appreciate.

You need to have patience with other people and realize that just because they're not always going to be able to get on right when you need them, doesn't mean they don't care. They do what they can when they can and within reason. That means that, even if they ARE otherwise available to get on, that doesn't mean they should be expected or forced to do so. This also ties into my next point, which is this isn't a job. Nobody is getting paid for this, which for some people, means it automatically takes a back seat to their education and employment irl. You really should put that into perspective when you say the things you do and give criticism how you do.

Finally, you should probably stop writing a paragraph response to every -1 or -/+. I get you want to clarify stuff to people who may have misunderstood, but at this point in the application, it's simply coming off as "Unclear can't take criticism or feedback very well". You're young, and as such you have a bit of learning to do for this role. If you can improve on everything people are saying to you in this application instead of refuting and writing it off, you'll do far better in the long run.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, proper said:

I don't agree at all. It's easy to say that moderators/staff in general should be on at least once a day for a little while if you're younger, which in this case you are. The reality is that people can't always get on every day or even every other day, and that is fine. Expecting people to get on once a day is too demanding as a gmod server and will only serve to push those people out of their staffing positions. They are also far more likely to get burnt out if they do play that frequently, which will inevitably end up in resignations or time off from the server - something that I'm sure someone like you wouldn't appreciate.

You need to have patience with other people and realize that just because they're not always going to be able to get on right when you need them, doesn't mean they don't care. They do what they can when they can and within reason. That means that, even if they ARE otherwise available to get on, that doesn't mean they should be expected or forced to do so. This also ties into my next point, which is this isn't a job. Nobody is getting paid for this, which for some people, means it automatically takes a back seat to their education and employment irl. You really should put that into perspective when you say the things you do and give criticism how you do.

Finally, you should probably stop writing a paragraph response to every -1 or -/+. I get you want to clarify stuff to people who may have misunderstood, but at this point in the application, it's simply coming off as "Unclear can't take criticism or feedback very well". You're young, and as such you have a bit of learning to do for this role. If you can improve on everything people are saying to you in this application instead of refuting and writing it off, you'll do far better in the long run.

Yes, you are very correct. I actually went into this with victus. I think that me being mod will help and when im talking about how mods should be on every day Im talking about the inactive mods. So, I probably should have said that, but I did talk to victus about the same thing. I think that I could be a help because I am on everyday and more multiple hours at a time. I see that Gold Fishie liked the post you made, I think he did this because he agrees with you. The fact is the older mods who are getting burnt out are not the ones really complaining about what I am doing or atleast not in a public text chat(Saying Gold Fishie is also really active) . Its the inactive mods that are the ones that are getting annoyed. If its the case where it seems like "Unclear can't take criticism or feedback very well" then so be it. That is not the case I am simply making a response to someones comment which I think that is really good. If I did not respond to some comments then a lot of people might have that same mind set on me. I think its good to here what the person you are talking about thinks about the comment, but maybe im wrong. 

Anyways, thanks for your comment. It really done mean a lot 

10 hours ago, apple pie420 said:

really toxic dosent show respect for admins very aggressive when he dosent get his way

Hi, I did only talk to you once and that was when I lost most likely a possible million dollar pd as raid, that when you broke nlr and said "The admins dont care about the server" basically justifying your breaking nlr.  

Anyways thanks for the comment.

Edited by UnclearCrowd

+1

I think that you should have a chance to prove yourself as t-mod. I also agree with some posts that say that you get super heated sometimes but I’ve also seen you in-game trying to help people out and be a very nice and chill person. 

(If you do in fact turn out to be toxic we will find out through the t-mod phase 🙂)

• Like 3

+1

The way you went about pinging the staff team the first time was wrong. But you learned from it and all you want to do is help the server. Your help in the last event was honorable and I think you deserve praise for it. I think if the people just talked to you instead of taking what you said in text on the discord channel in a bad way, they'd find out you're a genuine person. You definitely have a bit to learn being a staff member but I think you'd be a good fit.

• Like 2
  • Silly 1

+1

The way you're responding to some of these makes it questionable because I can without a doubt see you butting heads with staff members, especially higher ups who tell you what you are doing is wrong.

However, you seem pretty mature outside of that and a trial phase is where everything will come to light.

Rather than saying "If", "You might", "Maybe", etc, trial moderators are looked at closely and the whole point of a trial phase is seeing what you do with an opportunity. All of these "potential" problems will shine like a night light if they arise during your trial phase. I think the best thing is to put people into a trial phase, and see if the suspected problems illuminate during that period. If they do, it is easy to deal with.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Dildozer said:

+1

The way you're responding to some of these makes it questionable because I can without a doubt see you butting heads with staff members, especially higher ups who tell you what you are doing is wrong.

However, you seem pretty mature outside of that and a trial phase is where everything will come to light.

Rather than saying "If", "You might", "Maybe", etc, trial moderators are looked at closely and the whole point of a trial phase is seeing what you do with an opportunity. All of these "potential" problems will shine like a night light if they arise during your trial phase. I think the best thing is to put people into a trial phase, and see if the suspected problems illuminate during that period. If they do, it is easy to deal with.

Well said, and I agree,

originally I had put +\- but I am now changing to a

+1

After talking to you more throughout this week I see you are genuine and You do care. 
you are friendly and you seem to have good intentions, anything that is a problem now I can see you shaping up during the tmod phase, and I feel you can benefit and learn a thing or two from being in tmod phase. 

I think you deserve a shot, good luck, and hope to see you soon 🙂

Accepted

I think you have put in enough time/thought about the server to try and prove to us that you can do a good job at staff, I am curious to see how you fair.

Be sure to read the Handbook fully, update yourself on the rules. 

You will be notified in the Rookie Barracks channel on Discord with further instructions. Welcome to the team!

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link