L4IN's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): L4IN, a.k.a. AKUMA
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:64819830
Discord Tag: salemkuma#0
Total Playtime (24 hours/1 day REQUIRED): 2d, 8h, 52m
Timezone: EST
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/akudamaa/
Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): My schedule is pretty sporadic, it's based on when I work. I've been playing before and after work though, and on my days off.

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?: I understand at this moment in time Aether needs consistent staff members, who are active not only as a player but also giving their time to staffing and doing what they volunteered for. I'm an older resigned staff member of this server, and the previous one f.k.a. Retribution. Back then, I felt I resonated with the community in a really positive way, and I feel the same way now. Overall, I feel that I can do well at connecting with people here and solving things as quick and consistent as possible.
Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes.
Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes.
Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish 15 sits each week?:  Most likely more.

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?: For 10 minutes from the advert.
If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes, regardless of who is raiding. 
What initiates a raid?: The advert comes first, You aren't allowed to lockpick/keypad crack the doors until you advert "Raid".
If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Depending on which job the player is, if the job they're working can steal, then yes.
Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert RAID
If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, You can't raid until you've adverted it first.
If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Only if you're defending the base being raided.
If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, Revenge RDM is punishable as well.
A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: I would check the instigators previous warns first to determine how far the punishment goes. If this were a first-time offense though, I would warn the player with "RDM | VW".
List all default Laws of The Land: Raiding and stealing is illegal, Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal, Harming players is illegal unless you are inside your base, and laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
How many bases can you own per party?: One raidable base, one RP base.
A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It depends on how the player isn't co-operating. If it's a mic-spamming player, then I'll warn the player a few times in chat to stop, and if it persists they will get gagged for the rest of the sit. If the player is trying to kill me or the reporter, I will freeze the player for the rest of the sit. If both of these options are exhausted, I will warn the player with interrupting a sit.
Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: It depends on how the player is "ruining time". If they're harassing other players for the fun of it, or using loop-holes to negate the rules of the server, then I will bring it to a higher-up and ask for assistance.
Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Per-say a staff member uses commands to set their own health before raiding somewhere, or trying to store raidables in adminland. I would bring it to a higher up once again, this time making sure it's someone above the rank of the Staff member abusing.
A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would first teleport them away to stop the RDM, after that I'd ask why they're killing so many players. Upon examining logs and determining from the player they were Mass RDMing, I would check their warns to see if they're a repeat offender. Depending on their warns, I will ban them accordingly.
A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would warn the player in chat first-hand to not initiate a lockdown without valid reason. If they refuse to listen like stated in the question, then I would demote the player, warn them with NITRP | Job Abuse, and punish them accordingly at that point.

Extra Note:

I know I've only been back for around a couple of days, and I can acknowledge that it might be a risk to recruit me based off activity, but I've been devoted to this server since I was 16. I promise to keep up my activity, and give my best shot if you guys give me a chance to help out, and even if rejected, I will continue to support the server and all the people who've been around me as of recent. Thanks for giving a read ❤️ 

Edited by L4IN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, L4IN said:

if you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No.

You can if you're a defender. 

1 hour ago, L4IN said:

If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes, regardless of who is raiding.

Keep in mind that rule is different for Banks and PD, you are allowed to raid again after 20 minutes if its pd or bank.

1 hour ago, L4IN said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would first teleport them away to stop the RDM. Assuming they are mass RDMing, detemined by logs and timestamps between kills, I would try to figure out if this player is just new to DarkRP, or a minge player server-hopping to cause problems. If it's obvious they're not here to RP or play the game normally, then I would permanently ban them for MRDM (Assuming I have privileges, and if I don't then a permanent ban request will be made.) If it's a new player, or someone that's commonly on the server, I would most likely give them a 3 day ban.

So, a Perma ban would be last on our list of tools to deal anyone, Perma bans are saved for cheaters, scammers, having an alt account while banned, crashers, repeating offences of Racism \ MRDA \ MRDM \ NITRP \ TOXICITY \ HARRASING \ DOXXING \ Advertising anything not relating to Aether \ and blackmail.  For racism MRDA MRDM NITRP TOXICITY AND HARRASING, Perma bans are always final warns, they have ww like NITRP and some have instant 3 day or 1 week bans for first offence, make sure to not have the mentality that we are here to Perma ban every rule breaker, we are here to step in, prevent, and assist in any issue that comes up. if someone decides to MRDM, it's not over for them, I think I have a couple of MRDM warns, I know some fellow staff members do Aswell, not active, but when we started playing. We are lenient, to an extent.

1 hour ago, L4IN said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would warn the player in chat first-hand to not initiate a lockdown without valid reason. If they refuse to listen like stated in the question, then I would demote the player at that point.

Make sure you warn them for NITRP | JOB ABUSE 
if they do it again, second offence of NITRP is a 1 day ban, we dont need people that think the rules dont apply to them.

So basically, you had no issue with your rule knowledge, just some staffing questions and scenarios that can be buffed out in the trial mod phase. I'm not sure if you've seen the staff handbook in the Useful Links tab, if you haven't taken a look at it when you get a chance, if needing quick searches use crlt f to find specific topics.

Your staff app looks good, I love the determination of continuing to want to help the community even if denied.

I'm not going to put my vote in yet, if anything I'm at -\+ leaning in to -1 mainly because the response dealing with a MRDMer and jumping straight to Perma ban, but it's not a big issue, I'm waiting for a couple things before I'll think about changing my vote, I need to either see you in game to see how you are as a person, and how you threat others, or I need to see how others reply to this, this staff app will be up for a week or two, we are looking for constant activity, we aren't looking for 18 hours a day, we just need consistency, with the pace you're at now, I don't see that being an issue, keep at it. And one more thing, I don't need you to prove it, take a look at the staff handbook to get a better idea of what being staff is like

Good Luck =================================================================

-\+

=========================================================================

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Arestios Thanks for the reply, man. The first two quotes I was aware of, but I didn't put enough thought into the questions. I appreciate you pointing those out for me.

18 minutes ago, Arestios said:

So, a Perma ban would be last on our list of tools to deal anyone, Perma bans are saved for cheaters, scammers, having an alt account while banned, crashers, repeating offences of Racism \ MRDA \ MRDM \ NITRP \ TOXICITY \ HARRASING \ DOXXING \ Advertising anything not relating to Aether \ and blackmail.  For racism MRDA MRDM NITRP TOXICITY AND HARRASING, Perma bans are always final warns, they have ww like NITRP and some have instant 3 day or 1 week bans for first offence, make sure to not have the mentality that we are here to Perma ban every rule breaker, we are here to step in, prevent, and assist in any issue that comes up. if someone decides to MRDM, it's not over for them, I think I have a couple of MRDM warns, I know some fellow staff members do Aswell, not active, but when we started playing. We are lenient, to an extent.

This is different from what I'm used to, but I'm glad to hear you guys are working towards not being too strict, while at the same time standing your ground on certain offenses. I have no issues working with you guys and learning more leniency in dealing with sits.

22 minutes ago, Arestios said:

Make sure you warn them for NITRP | JOB ABUSE 
if they do it again, second offence of NITRP is a 1 day ban, we dont need people that think the rules dont apply to them.

This was also just me giving poor thought into the question. I definitely would warn them with NITRP and punish accordingly based off previous warns.

24 minutes ago, Arestios said:

So basically, you had no issue with your rule knowledge, just some staffing questions and scenarios that can be buffed out in the trial mod phase. I'm not sure if you've seen the staff handbook in the Useful Links tab, if you haven't taken a look at it when you get a chance, if needing quick searches use crlt f to find specific topics.

Your staff app looks good, I love the determination of continuing to want to help the community even if denied.

I'm not going to put my vote in yet, if anything I'm at -\+ leaning in to -1 mainly because the response dealing with a MRDMer and jumping straight to Perma ban, but it's not a big issue, I'm waiting for a couple things before I'll think about changing my vote, I need to either see you in game to see how you are as a person, and how you threat others, or I need to see how others reply to this, this staff app will be up for a week or two, we are looking for constant activity, we aren't looking for 18 hours a day, we just need consistency, with the pace you're at now, I don't see that being an issue, keep at it. And one more thing, I don't need you to prove it, take a look at the staff handbook to get a better idea of what being staff is like

Thanks again for this well-thought reply, and all the points you made on the post. Also, you're right, the staff handbook will come in handy. Hopefully I'll get to see you around sometime soon if possible. ❤️ 

• Love 1

You're a pretty laid back guy, and our interactions over the last week have been more than hilarious. Although there's a couple spots that lack detail on the application, I don't think it's anything that can't be fixed through the trial phase. Definitely continue to go over the staff handbook while your application is up that way you're well acquainted with the rules and punishments if the time ever comes. Touch up the application, stay out of trouble, and continue consistent activity and I'll have no problems giving you a +1.

Edited by dr. snortthisperc
  • Like 2
  • Giddy 1

On 8/23/2023 at 1:56 AM, L4IN said:

if a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 minutes, regardless of who is raiding. If you're raiding the PD then it would be 20 minutes instead.

This has changed actually, it being now also 30 minutes for PD raids ( this not to of your blame since Ariestios had brought it up understandably that just like i, he hadn't known that this had changed )

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: I would check the instigators previous warns first to determine how far the punishment goes. If this were a first-time offense though, I would warn the player with "RDM | VW".

This is good however, it's now WW instead of VW so written warning

On 8/23/2023 at 3:59 AM, Arestios said:

Keep in mind that rule is different for Banks and PD, you are allowed to raid again after 20 minutes if its pd or bank.

image.png.56fae56389f9637bbf5f8fc5c87b7907.png^^^ @Arestios

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would first teleport them away to stop the RDM, after that I'd ask why they're killing so many players. Upon examining logs and determining from the player they were Mass RDMing, I would check their warns to see if they're a repeat offender. Depending on their warns, I will ban them accordingly.

This is way better after the amazing feed back from Ariestios!

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would warn the player in chat first-hand to not initiate a lockdown without valid reason. If they refuse to listen like stated in the question, then I would demote the player, warn them with NITRP | Job Abuse, and punish them accordingly at that point.

Also better after the some more good feed back from Ariestios!

With this all being said, i believe just like Perc that anything wrong here in the application is nothing that couldn't be fixed during your trial moderator phase, your staff application is actually really good in my opinion especially after the fixes besides some things to point out still though, for all that i've interacted with you, you've been/ came off a chill, cool and level headed guy, i've had only fun for all that i have hanged out with you so far, it's really fitting for staff to stay level headed and chill about things when needed, your activity now is also pretty good in my opinion and i've seen you've gotten to know some of if not a lot of the current community of players usually playing, so keep this up, continue studying the rules and of which i highly suggest you studythe staff handbook too whilst your at it. For me this is a +1 as i see not really an reason to -1 or to go with -/+ right now. Good luck!

+1

Staff Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8epud7h4ptV5xRB5LDK19VGJ1J5Ntr60uKqJxRyKGg/edit#heading=h.ab12tea4elen

Server Rules: 

Edited by Emiy
  • Cool 1

On 8/24/2023 at 8:39 PM, dr. snortthisperc said:

You're a pretty laid back guy, and our interactions over the last week have been more than hilarious. Although there's a couple spots that lack detail on the application, I don't think it's anything that can't be fixed through the trial phase. Definitely continue to go over the staff handbook while your application is up that way you're well acquainted with the rules and punishments if the time ever comes. Touch up the application, stay out of trouble, and continue consistent activity and I'll have no problems giving you a +1.

I've had great interactions with you as well and think you deserve a shot at T-Mod Perc summed it up pretty well, make sure you study that handbook and gather as much information as you can! 

+1

• Love 1

ACCEPTED

You have good solid activity and interactions within the Community, I believe you can make a good contribution to the Staff team - show us what you've got and good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @dr. snortthisperc

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Like 1
  • Giddy 1