Sly's Staff Application

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [Sly]
  • Steam ID: [STEAM_0:0:159357866]
  • Discord Tag: [slyfax]
  • Total Playtime (24 hours/1 day REQUIRED): [1w 5d 20m 40m]
  • Timezone: [EST]
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198278981460]
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [12PM-12AM | Monday-Sunday]

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I've been a staff for many other servers in the past for many types of game modes, including SCP-RP, StarWarsRP, WWIIRP, Jailbreak, and of course DarkRP. I'm never biased no matter who the person who's at fault. I can be  very active on the server and help contribute to the amount of staff on the server at a given time. I'm a very outgoing guy and I love talking to people and getting to know them better.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish 15 sits each week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes from when the raid was adverted.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30 Minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?: In chat: "/advert Raid".
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes for 2 reasons. 1: The job must allow then to steal. 2: Said raidable must be accessible without using a raiding tool.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert (Raid) Not YOUR base, OUR base.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No, that's straight RDM.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Unfortunately not, your raid is now over.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, that's considered Revenge RDM.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: If this is the offender's first time, I'd give them a verbal warning letting them know that if they do it again it will result in a warn for ARDM (Attempted RDM).
  • List all default Laws of The Land

1. Raiding and stealing is illegal. 

2. Raidables detected by the contraband scanner are always illegal.

3. Harming players is illegal unless you are inside your base defending it. 

4. Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted. 

• How many bases can you own per party?: 1 Raidable base & 1 RP-Only base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It all depends on their choice of insubordination, if they're running away, I'd freeze them in place, if they're mic spamming I'd gag them, and if they're chat spamming, I'd mute them.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes as this falls under the category of Low-end Harassment.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: No-clipping off duty, godding themselves outside a sit, giving themselves items. I'd deal with this by notifying a higher ranking staff member about their abusive behavior.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I'd bring them to a secluded area (sit room) and jail them so they can't try to escape. Depending on their prior offences, I'd warn them as a way to let other staff know they have a history. Afterwards I'd ban them for the correct time depending on their offence count.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I'd inform them about the Mayor rules and that they cannot issue a lockdown without a valid reason, if they continue to refuse listening, I'd demote them from the job to shut off the lockdown.

Extra Comments: I appreciate everyone who took time out of their day to read my application, please don't let my time make you think less of me. I know I applied as soon as i could but I very much enjoy staffing on servers I like to play on. I hope everyone reading this has a great rest of their day/night.

Edited by Sly

image.thumb.png.f23123d2b9109cc3eda757741dcdbf4e.png

Not enough recent and consistent activity, 2 days isn't enough time for you to know the community or for the community to know you. 

Take some more time to play on the server and get to know everyone and how things work before shooting for staff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:
  •  
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert (Raid) Not YOUR base, OUR base.

db1.png

Jokes aside,

While we did have a few interactions,  your server activity is quite lacking.  

Edited by Enzo

3 hours ago, Sanzu Gikai said:

-1 incredibly racist in other servers

Not the same name, i change it often, and i've seen some horrendous shit, jimjob would be a candidate for owner if you get accepted.

Proof or it didn't happen. 

Edited by Enzo

3 hours ago, NotYourMomsPancakes said:

-1 Due to receiving a warn for RDM

Warning has been resolved and turned into a RIS.

Edited by Sly