AsTroViviDz Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): AsTroViviDz, Astro
  • Steam ID: 76561198121097959
  • Discord Tag: AsTroViviDz#2480

Total Playtime: 3w 3d 23h 50mins

Timezone: Central standard time

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I hope to contribute to Aether Networks by being friendly , apt to learning, keeping the chaos in order, and being a nice guy to have around. I've always been interested in applying for staff but haven't had the urge to until I started putting the amount of time I have into the game until recently.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I've read the rules and feel confident in my ability to enforce them as best as I can while learning the moderator side of this public Gmod server.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I will gladly listen to, respect, and learn for other moderators as I would be new to understanding what its like to keep order on the server.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I am certain I will be able to staff for extended periods of time several times a week.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 mins
  • If a player in your party dies mid-raid, how long do they have to wait to come back?:20 mis and they have to announce raid
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert raid
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: YES
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid, or /advert raid assist /advert PD raid
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?:  NO
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: Not immediately, unless the raid timer and NLR timer have both passed.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  No, contact mod. AKA revenge RDM
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: A warning depending on previous offences/ warns, if repeated offence, jail. Also remind the player who called the sit, if he IS punched he can kill him.
  • List all default Laws of The Land
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Using dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Reassure the player that you will do anything you can to help. Freezing and gagging are an option if needed.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Repeatedly appointing themselves as mayor. I would contact a higher ranked staff member, fill them in on the situation, and make a post on the forum about the abuse.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Pull the for a sit and explain that excessive RDMing is not allowed then, punish them accordingly: ban based on their prior offences.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would have a sit with the said person, then ask them to remove lockdown, if said person refuses or continues to keep lockdown on, demote them as mayor and give them a warning.

At the moment, I do not have a job and wont for some time as I'm currently waiting for a specific medical operation to happen, which is to come in much time, and will have optimal time to dedicate the organization that currently runs and operates the server. 

Thanks for your time,

Astro

Edited by AsTroViviDz
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, AsTroViviDz said:

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I've read the rules and feel confident in choosing to enforce them as best as I can while learning the moderator side of this public Gmod server.

Interesting statement here Perhaps some clarification  "confident in choosing" I don't quite understand what is it you are choosing?

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, unless the raid timer and NLR timer have both passed.

Kind of a odd way of putting it as the question states "Mid Raid" there for its implied that its been 5 minutes of the  the 10 minute raid. And the rule states

Your raid timer also starts whenever you die/get arrested or end/fail the raid. 

So I don't belie there is any exception or "Unless" that would be acceptable in this situation.

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: A warning depending on how the sit goes, if repeated offence, jail. But if the player that calls the sit has called multiple times. Also remid the player who called the sit, if he IS punched he can kill him.

You would check there previous warns first as You should know we do tiered First warn is verbal then 5m jail, 10m jail, and so on. All interactions when it comes to sits are logged in the awarn system.

• List all default Laws of The Land
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Using dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.

You missed one.

Laws of the Land

These Laws are active 24/7 with or without a Mayor and cannot be changed/modified.

The Police Department does not have to follow laws related to shooting, harming and raiding when enforcing laws. 

1. Raiding is illegal.
  2. Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  3. Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  4. Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  5. Life Threats are illegal.
  6. Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  7. Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  8. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  9. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  10. Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  11. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  12. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Repeatedly appointing themselves as mayor. I would contact a higher ranked staff member, fill them in on the situation, and make a post on the forum about the abuse.

While You are correct Reporting them to a higher up is 100% the right thing to do. We don't make staff reports on fellow staff members on the forums. This is for a plethora of reasons But its better to let higher ups handle it in House

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Pull the for a sit and explain that excessive RDMing is not allowed then, punish them accordingly whether it be a warn/jail/ban based on their prior offences.

MassRDM is a 3 day Ban, again steps up to a week on the next offense

Conclusion

I've typed so many diffrent things here for my conclusion but I'm just going to cut it down to this. I've known Astro for a long time prob as long as I've been on the server.

He's never been a maliciously evil person but hasn't always acted like a "Good Guy" so I believe that this new side is who he really is and Think he should get a shot at becoming a staff member

There where some issues with your app as I posted above my conclusion but nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of training

+1

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Allelujah said:

Depending on the situation this may be conducted in public to shame the player and raise morale for other community members 

?

As staff you should never want to shame the player in front of other players just to do it even if you think it’s “making an example” out of them or for any other reason, that would not be professional. Staff are held at higher standards and shouldn’t stoop to trolls/minges levels 

-1/+1 

Your app is decent and you seem mature but I personally haven’t interacted with you but that could be because I’m on mostly later since I work so I’m neutral. Good luck

You know you can click on those 3 little dots and Edit your post?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, TangoDown said:

Interesting statement here Perhaps some clarification  "confident in choosing" I don't quite understand what is it you are choosing?

Kind of a odd way of putting it as the question states "Mid Raid" there for its implied that its been 5 minutes of the  the 10 minute raid. And the rule states

So I don't belie there is any exception or "Unless" that would be acceptable in this situation.

You would check there previous warns first as You should know we do tiered First warn is verbal then 5m jail, 10m jail, and so on. All interactions when it comes to sits are logged in the awarn system.

You missed one.

While You are correct Reporting them to a higher up is 100% the right thing to do. We don't make staff reports on fellow staff members on the forums. This is for a plethora of reasons But its better to let higher ups handle it in House

MassRDM is a 3 day Ban, again steps up to a week on the next offense

Conclusion

I've typed so many diffrent things here for my conclusion but I'm just going to cut it down to this. I've known Astro for a long time prob as long as I've been on the server.

He's never been a maliciously evil person but hasn't always acted like a "Good Guy" so I believe that this new side is who he really is and Think he should get a shot at becoming a staff member

There where some issues with your app as I posted above my conclusion but nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of training

+1

tango likes you +1

• Silly 1

ACCEPTED

I've had decent interactions with you and you seem to mean well. Your Community Support is mostly positive and you seem to have a good grip on the rules. Read through the handbook/listen to your fellow Staff and Mentor to be as successful as you can be. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Pooshi

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)

• Love 1