Dom's Staff Application

Dom

AetherNetwork Staff Application

In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): [Dom]

Steam ID: [STEAm_0:1:92373736]

Discord Tag: [Dom.#8037]

Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED): [3d 1hr or 72 hours]

Timezone: [Eastern EST]

Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145013201]

Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): [After 3pm most of the time and very active at 12am to 3am]

General Questions

How can you contribute to Aether?: I think I am able to contribute to Aether Networks in a big way because i'm very active during late at night my time and not a lot of staff members are on at that time which means tickets pile up and its hard for one staff member to take all of them. Since i'm very active during that time of day I would be able to do a lot of tickets and help out during that time.

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

DarkRP Rule Questions

Raids can last how long?: 10m

If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 30m

What initiates a raid?:  Advert

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: If a player can access the item without a raid tool yes

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert Raid

If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: no

If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No that counts as you dying in the raid which means you have to wait 30m before raiding the same base

If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No that is revenge rdm

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: RDM (vw, 5 min jail, 10m jail and so on)

List all default Laws of The Land: Raiding is illegal. Entities scannable by the contraband scanner are always illegal. Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal. Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted. Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed. The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws.

How many bases can you own per party?: 1

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would handle the non-cooperative player in a professional manner and be patient and try to help him understand and co-operate. If he never cooperater i would freeze them if they are running away and mute and gag them if they are ear raping or typing slurs. I would then warn them for the appropriate warning

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: No however there are only some cases where u can take action, Id say harassment because  if they keep on doing it to the person only then it could be considered harassment. 

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: A example would be a admin no clipping into a base and killing everyone then stealing all the money. I would handle this buy telling a higher up staff member about it and I would record it to insure I have the proper evidence of there actions.

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player keeps on RDMing over and over again I would pull them into a sit and I would warn them for mass rdm and a 3 day ban but if they keep rdming over a course of time like 10 min I would keep on warning them every time they would RDM fand they would eventually get banned (vw, 5 min jail, 10m jail and so on). If its the same person they keep on rdming over 10min I would also warn them for harassment.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If he keeps on refusing to turn it off I would demote him from the job and if he keeps on doing it I would warn him for job abuse. I would also Log it that he does this and give him a verbal warning

Extra Comments: I would like to join the staff team because I want to help the server in a lot of ways. I care a lot about this server and I play it almost every day. I wanna help out the community via being a moderator and helping new people and taking tickets. I heard this staff team is really good and its very friendly and I have also experienced the friendliness from other staff when they have taken my tickets and I feel that I would love to join a very friendly staff team. To add I was also a moderator on AtomicRP for a good 4 months until the server got heavily pay to win and I didn't want to play on it anymore.

Edited by Dom

1 hour ago, Dom said:

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: NITRP

Not quite any 'Combat' regardless of Death occurring still falls under RDM, Warns for this would be from first to up to ban (vw, 5 min jail, 10m jail and so on)

1 hour ago, Dom said:

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I would handle the non-cooperative player in a professional manner and be patient and try to help him understand and co-operate. If he never cooperater i would freeze them if they are running away and mute and gag them if they are ear raping or typing slurs. I would then warn them for the appropriate warning

While you didn't explicitly say it You would not typically warn for not cooperating Unless it rises to the level that you can't control it and it becomes very burdensome or they break a rule while in a sit (Slurs, RDM etc.) and you would tack that on to the Punishment for the original reason for the report.

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: It depends what they are doing.  Id say harassment because  if they keep on doing it to them only then it could be considered harassment.

Is that a yes or a no? Lets say I go around telling every one Dom is a idiot and every one should go Kill him could you punish me for that?

1 hour ago, Dom said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player keeps on RDMing over and over again I would pull them into a sit and I would warn them for mass rdm but if they keep rdming over a course of time like 10 min I would keep on warning them every time they would RDM for RDM and they would eventually get banned. If its the same person they keep on rdming over 10min I would also warn them for harassment.

First offense for MassRDm is a 3 day ban not a verbal warning. 

1 hour ago, Dom said:

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If he keeps on refusing to turn it off I would demote him from the job and if he keeps on doing it I would warn him for job abuse.

All interactions should be logged in the awarn system (epically in regards to rule breaking) 

Conclusion

While I see a lot of positives in your app there are a few rules you need to brush up on. I also would have liked to see a wee bit more elaboration on some of the questions (Gives us more insight your thought process). But Over all I think You could be taught the bits and pieces that are missing. I think for right now i'm going to be natural. You can edit your app and detail it a bit more and fix the issues (read the Rules and the Staff Hand Book) I Might be more ablidged to change this to +1 sp for now...

+/-

Edited by TangoDown

32 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

Not quite any 'Combat' regardless of Death occurring still falls under RDM, Warns for this would be from first to up to ban (vw, 5 min jail, 10m jail and so on)

While you didn't explicitly say it You would not typically warn for not cooperating Unless it rises to the level that you can't control it and it becomes very burdensome or they break a rule while in a sit (Slurs, RDM etc.) and you would tack that on to the Punishment for the original reason for the report.

Is that a yes or a no? Lets say I go around telling every one Dom is a idiot and every one should go Kill him could you punish me for that?

First offense for MassRDm is a 3 day ban not a verbal warning. 

All interactions should be logged in the awarn system (epically in regards to rule breaking) 

Conclusion

While I see a lot of positives in your app there are a few rules you need to brush up on. I also would have liked to see a wee bit more elaboration on some of the questions (Gives us more insight your thought process). But Over all I think You could be taught the bits and pieces that are missing. I think for right now i'm going to be natural. You can edit your app and detail it a bit more and fix the issues (read the Rules and the Staff Hand Book) I Might be more ablidged to change this to +1 sp for now...

+/-

I appreciate the reply and constructive criticism. I have updated and edited my post and once again appreciate the advice!

+/-

• Decent Application.
  • Friendly In-Game (based on the interactions I've had with you).
  • Low-Playtime.

I can see that you have two previous warnings from this month. Now I usually don't have any issues with warnings (with a few exceptions). However in saying that, because you only have 2 days play-time and already have warnings, I'm not overly filled with confidence that you know all the rules. I always recommend that you acquire more than the minimum play-time before applying as you aren't fully used to the community and the rules. Because of these points I will remain neutral.

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

41 minutes ago, Creed said:

+/-

• Decent Application.
  • Friendly In-Game (based on the interactions I've had with you).
  • Low-Playtime.

I can see that you have two previous warnings from this month. Now I usually don't have any issues with warnings (with a few exceptions). However in saying that, because you only have 2 days play-time and already have warnings, I'm not overly filled with confidence that you know all the rules. I always recommend that you acquire more than the minimum play-time before applying as you aren't fully used to the community and the rules. Because of these points I will remain neutral.

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

I appreciate the Feedback! 🙂

7 hours ago, ThiccYe said:

+1 

Your app isnt the best( (answers lack depth and some arent exactly correct), but I think you could have good enough maturity and potential as staff.

I think you deserve a shot at Tmod at least.

What this mans said ^ ive seen you around aether RP'in it up happy to see it i think youd have a good shot at being Tmod fs Good luck!

+1

Edited by Lofi

ACCEPTED

You are pretty chill in-game and your application is decent, your activity is good and you have community support - I believe you deserve a shot to show us what you can do. Be sure to listen to your mentor and fellow staff, good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @TangoDown

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)