Daedera's Staff app!

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Daedera
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47749098
  • Discord Tag: daedera
  • Total Playtime (48 hours/2 days REQUIRED) 2w 2d 16h 46m
  • Timezone: CDT
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SeamenProtector2/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 5pm-3 am 

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I will contribute to Aether Network by dealing with people who need help with the server such as if they do not understand something, such as a rule/rules. I have been in Aether for almost three months and I want to also help with sits and I like to chat with the community
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I have and I feel comfortable to enforce the rules as properly needed, If I am confused I will ask a higher up for assistance.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I will but only if they are a higher rank and not just a trial who hardly knows rules. If i am asked to follow something for the future I will take it
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish at least 50 sits every 2 weeks?: Yes I will be able to as I am on the server for 5+ hours and I will do my best to get more than 50 sits to show I can go above the required amount. During school when I go back I may struggle but I will still help.

• Raids can last how long?: Ten minutes and the raider cannot hide so once raidables are taken the person raiding must leave the building and advert over.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?:The wait time for a raid failed or not is 30 minutes OR 20 minutes if it is for PD raid.
  • What initiates a raid?: Adverting raid in the chat using /advert for what place you are raiding such as a base, PD, or Bank.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?:Yes but only if there is a clear way through so if the door has to be lockpicked or keypad cracked then raid MUST be adverted.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /Advert RAID! (Others would be /Advert Bank raid!, /advert PD Raid!)
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: If the person has not done damage then you cannot kill them unless they damage you before you call raid.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: You can NOT come back if you are arrested or killed by a PD member and the 30 minute cooldown will start.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No because it would just be RDM back and this will just cause more issues for the staff and the two players such as both players being punished for RDM back and forth
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: I would take the instigators past into action such as warnings and would give a warning. If it is someone new I would tell them to be more careful as doing damage is considered as RDM and if the person does it again I would give them a warning.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding and stealing is illegal
  • Entities detected by Contraband Scanner are illegal
  • Harming players is Illegal unless inside your own base
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Two (by context) one for raiding with stuff inside (Meth, Cigarettes, Shrooms) and one for RP for fun such as interactive food or like stores
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It depends what they are doing, if they are shooting I will freeze them or if they are spamming in chat or mic spamming I would mute and gag them. Obviously I will keep my cool and not snap at the person trying to get the rise out of me by bothering me.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: I can punish the person if they are purposely ruining others time on the server, such as being just a minge.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Flying into people's bases or turning on godmode to just raid someone. I would check with them to see if they knew they had godmode on and If I see that it's obvious abuse I would take several clips and screenshots of the actions they are doing.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:I would check with the person to see why they are mass rdming but would also tell them that it would be a ban for how long they have been rdming, how many people they killed. 
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would check with the mayor why the lockdown is happening and if they refuse to tell me and refuse to stop the lockdown I would demote them (or other methods such as killing the mayor if there is no higher up to help) and I would warn the mayor with Job abuse

SOME ADDITIONAL NOTES:Hello, I would like to mention I do have ADHD and Aspergers (a low spectrum of autism) and I did struggle a bit on this staff app for thinking how to make it longer according to my first sit and better. I have learned how to calm myself down (I have snapped a couple times but mostly by accident and have improved my actions) I tried to do the best I could on this application thank you so much<3

• Love 1
  • Cool 1

Very good app just some staff that in my opinion I deem might be extra information or slightly incorrect information.

1 hour ago, Daedera said:

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:I would check with the person to see why they are mass rdming but would also tell them that it would be a ban for how long they have been rdming, how many people they killed. 

The main focus is on the amount of players they've rdm'd and not the length of the spree, but still overall correct

A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: It depends what they are doing, if they are shooting I will freeze them or if they are spamming in chat or mic spamming I would mute and gag them. Obviously I will keep my cool and not snap at the person trying to get the rise out of me by bothering me.

The last sentence is seemingly extra information that really doesn't need to be included as being a staff member of the AetherNetwork means that you will be expected to be reasonably behaved at all times no matter if off duty or on. 

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: I would take the instigators past into action such as warnings and would give a warning. If it is someone new I would tell them to be more careful as doing damage is considered as RDM and if the person does it again I would give them a warning.

It isn't there entire warning past that needs to be taken into account besides the decision between verbal and straight up warn but length of the punishment ( I.E: ban length or jail length) will matter on the amount of ACTIVE warns that the player currently has.

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I will but only if they are a higher rank and not just a trial who hardly knows rules. If i am asked to follow something for the future I will take it

You should be willing to listen to ALL staff members even fellow Trial Moderators as they are apart of your staff family and can still help you.

Though these are my opinions and everything should be taken with a grain of salt ❤️

Overall: +1 very noice

3 hours ago, Daedera said:

If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?:Yes but only if there is a clear way through so if the door has to be lockpicked or keypad cracked then raid MUST be adverted

You also need to have a job that allows you to steal, if you aren’t allowed to steal, you could be warned for nitrp and job abuse, make sure to read the jobs description 

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?:I would check with the person to see why they are mass rdming but would also tell them that it would be a ban for how long they have been rdming, how many people they killed

3 or more people is MRDM generally, there is no WW or VW straight three day ban, rarely we will give a RDMx3 ban with it being dependent on the situation, but if they have no prior warning it would just be jail time, a ban is always the last option when it’s simple rdm, bans are only reserved for people that need to be removed from the community for a justified time to rethink what they did and why.

Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would check with the mayor why the lockdown is happening and if they refuse to tell me and refuse to stop the lockdown I would demote them (or other methods such as killing the mayor if there is no higher up to help) and I would warn the mayor with Job abuse

This is a scenario where the mayor  doesn’t have a reason and won’t turn it off even after your request, it’s as simple and freezing him, telling him what he did was wrong, what was wrong about it, how not to do it again, what the punishment will be if he tried again, try to explain to him why it’s important to follow the rules, demote him, warn him for job abuse and nitrp ( nitrp is my favorite warn 🙂 )

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I will but only if they are a higher rank and not just a trial who hardly knows rules. If i am asked to follow something for the future I will take it

Let say you become veteran moderator, does that mean you don’t have to listen to what @Acmerica has to say just because you are higher in rank? I have hundreds of more sits, dozens of more ban extension, replied to more forums post, done more events than him, i am better looking than him, but even if I was 20 ranks higher than him, I would still listen to what he has to say because even though he doesn’t seem like it, the dude is fricking good at staffing and does it 1000x better than me, his sits are faster, he never messes up, he always there to make sure you’re doing alright, he’s like Jouarams clone, AND THE DUDE DOESNT USE HIS MIC, I listen to what all staff members have to say because we work as a team, and you need to be willing to listen to someone that’s trying to help you, even if they are lower or on the Same level than you

Look, you clearly changed your name from previously being a.. weird one, you’ve read up on the rules and have put some time to progress your character, I’ve only seen you on recently for a short time, last 2-3 days, you did disappear for a generous gap of time, 

you do have one active warn, I want to wait before I feel comfortable to +1

please be more active on the server, get good criticism from the player base, read up on the rules and staff hand book that is available to everyone, my decision is always up to change unless I see no progress in what little I ask for, good luck 

-/+

Edited by Arestios
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Ok So I should have thought that, I will listen to all staff members no matter the ranking because they would always be willing to help.

Yeah I was not thinking about that whole extra information sorry about that! I was trying to think of a longer sentence for that ❤️

The one week I did disappear for early june was I was at my aunts house if that is what you meant by "disappear for a generous gap of time" 

The active warn was my own stupidity and I should have been more thoughtful.

I will read on what was mentioned! 

Edited by Daedera
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 12:40 AM, Arestios said:

Let say you become veteran moderator, does that mean you don’t have to listen to what @Acmerica has to say just because you are higher in rank? I have hundreds of more sits, dozens of more ban extension, replied to more forums post, done more events than him, i am better looking than him, but even if I was 20 ranks higher than him, I would still listen to what he has to say because even though he doesn’t seem like it, the dude is fricking good at staffing and does it 1000x better than me, his sits are faster, he never messes up, he always there to make sure you’re doing alright, he’s like Jouarams clone, AND THE DUDE DOESNT USE HIS MIC, I listen to what all staff members have to say because we work as a team, and you need to be willing to listen to someone that’s trying to help you, even if they are lower or on the Same level than you

Look, you clearly changed your name from previously being a.. weird one, you’ve read up on the rules and have put some time to progress your character, I’ve only seen you on recently for a short time, last 2-3 days, you did disappear for a generous gap of time, 

please be more active on the server, get good criticism from the player base, read up on the rules and staff hand book that is available to everyone, my decision is always up to change unless I see no progress in what little I ask for, good luck 

Arestios cleared this up pretty well, one thing is that you should listen to any vital info that anyone trys to give you, lower rank or not you could still learn something off them especially AC

image.png.d9dfc0d5d34718d9a55bb3675866b75a.png

you're play time seems pretty steady and active which is great to see i have not checked on your warns yet so i will do that as soon as i enter the game, as for that im going to go neutral for now until further info in gathered ! Good Luck!

-/+

Updated Version 

image.png.6cd14b1d2c9f83622800db563bb4d9e6.png

activity has stayed pretty steady your reputation looks good with everyone in the community, have no further reason to not -1 soooo 

+1! 

Edited by Lofi
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:40 AM, Arestios said:

You also need to have a job that allows you to steal, if you aren’t allowed to steal, you could be warned for nitrp and job abuse, make sure to read the jobs description 

3 or more people is MRDM generally, there is no WW or VW straight three day ban, rarely we will give a RDMx3 ban with it being dependent on the situation, but if they have no prior warning it would just be jail time, a ban is always the last option when it’s simple rdm, bans are only reserved for people that need to be removed from the community for a justified time to rethink what they did and why.

This is a scenario where the mayor  doesn’t have a reason and won’t turn it off even after your request, it’s as simple and freezing him, telling him what he did was wrong, what was wrong about it, how not to do it again, what the punishment will be if he tried again, try to explain to him why it’s important to follow the rules, demote him, warn him for job abuse and nitrp ( nitrp is my favorite warn 🙂 )

-/+

On 7/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, Lofi said:

Arestios cleared this up pretty well, one thing is that you should listen to any vital info that anyone trys to give you, lower rank or not you could still learn something off them especially AC

image.png.d9dfc0d5d34718d9a55bb3675866b75a.png

you're play time seems pretty steady and active which is great to see i have not checked on your warns yet so i will do that as soon as i enter the game, as for that im going to go neutral for now until further info in gathered ! Good Luck!

-/+

On 7/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, Arestios said:

Your activity from the screenshot @Lofi Posted looks fairly steady.

You do have one active warn. ( Its not the end of the world )

@ArestiosSummed everything up nice. Especially the part regarding listening to all staff members. We all have our opinions on situations, we all handle situations a little differently than others. But in the end we all do the same thing the only thing that changes is more paperwork (Ban Ext, Reports, Ban Appeals, Etc.) 

I havent had any interactions with you.

I am going to hold off and will finalize my decision (-1 or +1) once I see how you are in game towards the community, and interact with you a couple of times.

+/-

Upon further evaluation, with the community reputation that is only positive, and the couple of interactions I have had with you I have decided to +1 this application. 

Best Of Luck

Edited by NotYourMomsPancakes
Decision Change
  • Like 2

+/-,

Netural due to playtime and I believe that some of the minor mistakes that you’ve made on your staff app can be fixed and look upon during your T-mod phase. I gotta give you credit and appreciate the fact that you’ve taken my response and others into consideration from your first staff app which shows that you’re willing to learn and improve.

• Like 1

+1

Never had any issues with you personally

I think that you're cool

Some issues with staff app that could be worked out if you did become a t-mod

Playtime/Activity looks good, keep that up

I like you man, you seem really chill from interactions I've had with you, hope to see you get a shot!

• Like 1

I'm glad to say it's been long enough to feel comfortable to make a change with my decision seems like you gathered everyone, and it shows they agree in the same, good luck for everything to come. 

enjoy this phat +1

Changing my vote to,

+1,

You have shown improvement and growth to your server activity and interactions with others within the community.

But most importantly tho, in responds to your, "additional notes"

I am close friends with several people and served as a TA for several special education related classes both out of respect and to support them. Don't let your disability stop let alone discourage you from becoming staff as I've witness several of those who suffers from the same disability as you who has achieved great success in life and making it to the top of their class in their AP / Honours class, and you, my friend are unique and I want to see more from you as a future staff on Aether. Cheers.

Edited by Enzo
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

ACCEPTED

I think you've been pretty active whilst also being a good member of the Community. You've taken this application seriously which is a good sign and hopefully reflects on your Staffing, I am curious to see how you do and wish you luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)