Luxeray AetherNetwork staff application

luxeray

Luxexray's AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Luxeray, Yessire
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:200935291
  • Discord Tag: luxeray.
  • Total Playtime (24 hours/1 day REQUIRED): 1w 4d 17h 20m
  • Timezone: PDT (gmt-7)
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198362136311/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know):On Weekends anywhere from 10am to 1am on weekdays its 12pm - 11pm

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I think that i can contribute to aether in a lot of ways, mainly being an active and interactive staff member who is ready and willing to take sits and answer questions when needed.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I feel that I have strong grasp of the rules and how to properly enforce them
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: As a newer staff or even a more experienced staff i think second opinions are really important especially when handling tough cases, so I would always be willing to listen to other staff members recommendations and feedback.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for 5 hours a week and finish 15 sits each week?: I am confident i play enough to easily meet and exceed these requirements.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: From the time you advert a raid can last upwards of 10 minutes.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: If a player dies while raiding a base you must wait 30 minutes before raiding the same base again, however you are allowed to raid other bases in the meantime.
  • What initiates a raid?: You must use /advert raid when raiding bases or /advert bank/pd raid when raiding bank and pd. You can not use raid tools at all before adverting.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: As long as you are a job that allows stealing you can take items if you don't need to use raid tools [like breach juice and or lockpick/keypad cracker.]
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid, or /advert bank/pd raid if you are raiding the pd or bank, you must have raid be the first word in the advert however other words are allowed after.
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: If the owner is on the sidewalk next to their base you must wait until adverting raid within mic distance of their base before killing them.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: If you are raiding the base then the raid ends when you are arrested, if you are defending and you get arrested and the raid is still ongoing you are allowed to defend again.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, if you RDM someone you should not resort to retaliating by RDMing back, a better idea would be to contact staff and make a ticket.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: The instigator would be brought into a sit and i would check their warnings, after doing this i would warn them for RDM accordingly.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  • Raiding and stealing is illegal.
  • Entities detected by the contraband scanner are illegal.
  • Harming players is illegal unless you are inside your base.
  • Laws can be enforced with KOS if the player is wanted.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Each party is allowed one raid able base and one RP base (3 keypads each)
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: The situation varies based on the type of non cooperation they are doing. If a player is spamming i would gag them and ask them to type, if they continue this i would mute them for the remainder of the sit and punish them accordingly. If the player RDMs in the sit i will freeze them and carry on with the sit, if the player leaves i will warn them for what they did originally and give them a warn for LTAP.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, If you are intentionally wasting others time you can be punished for it.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Staff abusing their power is an important thing to keep an eye out for, If for example a staff let a member of the community off without a warning just because they are friends, i would have to report the staff member to the higher up admins and let them take care of it. Same goes for if they are falsely punishing other players.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: If a player mass RDMing i would teleport them to adminland and then freeze them so they wouldn't be able to damage anyone else. After this I would punish them accordingly for mass RDM and keep an eye on them (if possible) if i see them again to ensure they don't start killing anyone else. The punishment for mass RDM on a first offense would be a 3 day ban, second offence a 1 week ban, 3rd offence a 2 week ban, after this i would have to talk about perma banning them to a higher up staff member.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: If a mayor has lockdown on for a long time I would go to them and ask whats the reason for the lockdown, if the mayor doesn't cooperate or has no reason I will turn off the lockdown, demote them, and warn them accordingly for job abuse.

Side notes: I currently have 2 active RDM warnings, one of which got my last staff application denied. Over the past week I have taken some extra steps to ensure that I don't kill other players and will ensure that it wont happen again. I really hope that this doesn't make me a less trusted player as I am quite invested in this server and really enjoy it, I think staffing would be a great opportunity to show how I can help and improve Aether and give back some of the help and kindness I have received in my time playing in this community.

Edited by luxeray

Really great answers here, well constructed and not too long. The format is clean and easy to read as well.

Definitely an improvement from your last application, and it shows you're serious about this in my eyes.

You got your last application denied due to being warned while it was active, however, you did not let this stop you from turning in a brand new app immediately (an even better one at that). I also see this as a good quality, and I'm sure the other staff can agree with that as well.

Good luck luxe, +1

• Love 1

It's a well-written staff up that shows your thorough understanding of the rules, and your maturity is highlighted by acknowledging and owning your previous mistake. Re-attacking the application process after the last one was denied shows clear motivation towards staffing.

In regards to the character attacks you've received on both apps, I'm leaning towards "doubtful" that anybody has a valid issue with you. The only thing I can personally think of is vague at best and completely false at worst. I think it was an OOC arguement between you and somebody else, because I think I remember feeling a slight sense of relief that "yessire has departed." But I don't think that matters. I haven't seen it since Luxeray, and that's still assuming that my memory is right (it's usually poopoo garbage), and it was months ago. I suspect I didn't like yessire much, but I do like Luxeray's character. And shit, maybe these are two different individuals.

I've got zero issues with you and you've definitely never tried to do me harm. I think our first real interaction was when I completely cleared your fountain garage base in a raid, and you took it with zero negativity. I've peacefully traded with you before, and when I let you borrow Water Bending to try it out you returned it promptly, without me asking, which I think shows care. This is just my own two cents, but I felt the need to say it since you've had your character attacked twice now. Twice you've been attacked, twice you've replied with zero hostility. Twice they didn't back up their claims.

+1

Edited by Bakkula
  • Love 1

+1

I feel like I have seen instances of slight immaturity or quick temper in the past, but since this application has been up you have been nothing but helpful, friendly, and welcoming to others and have shown a lot of dedication to playing the server. 

Good application and I think you definitely have earned a chance at staffing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThiccYe said:

+1

I feel like I have seen instances of slight immaturity or quick temper in the past, but since this application has been up you have been nothing but helpful, friendly, and welcoming to others and have shown a lot of dedication to playing the server. 

Good application and I think you definitely have earned a chance at staffing.

+1

• Like 1

ACCEPTED

You have been very active and involved in the Community since your application was posted; I think you have more than earned a shot at showing us what you can do as T-Mod. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @ThiccYe

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)