Tremor's Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Tremor,Trem0r
  • Steam ID: 76561198063579350
  • Discord Tag: Tremor#5450
  • Total Playtime: 1W 1D 14H 56M
  • Timezone: Central Daylight Time
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Trem0r/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): 6:00 pm -12 AM (Some Days, primarily weekends I will be on earlier)

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I can contribute to Aether by being a friendly and knowledgeable staff member and making sure the rules stay enforced and everyone playing can have as much fun as possible and make sure it stays that way. I have been interested in being staff and keeping the rules followed since I was a player on retribution RP. I also would love to help create new and interesting community events for the server to increase positive engagement from the community as well as draw in new players. I also have over 5 years of professional background in IT if any server side technical support is needed
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes I do feel confident in my ability to enforce the rules correctly as possible and have read them many times to fully understand them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I will absolutely listen to other staff members even if I do not feel I need to. It is incredibly important to learn from those around you to ensure what you are doing is done the appropriate way.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week? I am absolutely certain I will be able to put in many hours weekly to staffing the server.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: Raids can last up to 10 minutes.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: 20 Minutes, if raiding ONLY PD, 10 minutes.
  • What initiates a raid?:  A player typing /advert raid in text chat 
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?Yes
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid, /advert PD raid(if raiding PD), /advert raid assist (if assisting group raid)
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?No
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No, upon arrest your 20 minute raid timer starts. UNLESS you are raiding pd then the cooldown is 10 minutes from arrest to raid PD again.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No, revenge killing would also be considered RDM
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?First review there previous warns to judge i if they have previous warns for similar behavior, then advance there punishment to the next tier. (>Verbal warning->5 minute jail-> 10 minute jail, etc,etc) If they are a first time offender give them the first punishment in the tier which is a verbal warning. I would also remind them of course that it is a violation of the rules and to discontinue the behavior.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:
  •  Raiding is illegal.
  •  Money printers, drugs and explosives are illegal.
  •  Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  •  Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base.
  •  Life threats are illegal
  •  Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  •  Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  •  Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  •  Non-default laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do.
  •  Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  •  The mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws.
  • How many bases can you own per party?: Only 1
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: Communicate to them in both textchat and voice chat and let them know what is going on, freeze them if they are shooting/trying to kill in the sit. Gag them if needed (micspam,racism, etc) 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Noclipping through base doors during a raid- I would download a clip of the interaction if I observed it and contact a higher ranking staff member, explain the situation/ what I saw and then submit the clip to them as well. 
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would call the player to a sit, if they are still shooting I would freeze them then explain how Mass RDM is very much against the rules then review warns. If they have previous offense of Mass rdm then advance there punishment accordingly(3 day ban -> 1 week ban ). If it is there first offense give them the first punishment tier for Mass RDM which is a 3 day ban.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would pull the mayor to a sit and ask them why they put it into lockdown, if they do not have a valid reason I would ask them to remove the lockdown and to stop doing it. If they continue to do it and do not listen I would demote them from there job and give a warning.

Extra Comments: I really have a deep enjoyment from this server and this community around anther. Any way I can help by giving back I would be more then happy too. I hope to help upkeep and protect this positive and amazing environment. 🙂

Edited by Trem0r
grammar
  • Love 1

+1

Active on server

Never had bad interactions with you 

Application is done well and you can tell you've put thought into it and didn't rush it. 

Seems like you're older and mature and would be a good fit for staff. 

Edited by Allelujah

+1,

• Extremely active on the server.
  • The way how you would handle certain sitution fits perfectly what I'm looking for in future / returning staff members in terms of staffing and defusing heated situations.
  • Had no negative interaction with you and funny bloke.
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, hann said:

20220417215934_1.jpg.6b740068aad0687ea7c3f28f3945960e.jpg

not entirely sure if a staff with this kind of warn would be a good fit tbh

+/-

I understand that opinion, the only thing I would like to point out is that warn is over 8 months old occurring on 8/14/2021 and is an isolated incident that has never otherwise happened and has not occurred again.

I really don't believe this warn is a representation of my actual character as a player.

Edited by Trem0r
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Trem0r may of been a massive racist prick in the past, however if you can't accept the fact that people can change over time let alone be given a second chance, it's on you. 

racism is racism. how are we supposed to believe it won't happen again if it happened in the first place? people do change, yes, but with something like this you have to take it into consideration. especially due to the fact that warns are still valid for up to 12 months.

jouaram is supposed to trust his staffing team. how is he supposed to trust someone with a history of racism on his server?

9 minutes ago, hann said:

racism is racism. how are we supposed to believe it won't happen again if it happened in the first place? people do change, yes, but with something like this you have to take it into consideration. especially due to the fact that warns are still valid for up to 12 months.

jouaram is supposed to trust his staffing team. how is he supposed to trust someone with a history of racism on his server?

I agree with the statement on your end since it's an understandable reaction. if he were to slip up again back on his old ways while staffing, the higher ups such as Jouaram & RevoltPlays can always take the appropriate action against him and warn / revoke him from his staff position.

Edited by Enzo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hann said:

I understand your position and I am not here to contest your opinion and hope it is not perceived that way, I just do not see how a one time 8 month old warn discredits my entire application and positive feedback with the community, and I believe saying I can't be trusted off one action almost a year ago is a bit unfair judging from the fact it has never happened again.

Again though, I completely respect your opinion and I am not here to fight it or cause an issue, I just believe context is important.

+1, I've regularly seen Tremor in RP, and haven't had any issues with him. 

On the topic of the racism warn - people can change. I've played DarkRP for a number of years, and I've seen people grow up and become embarrassed of them past selves. At Tremor's age, I hope he his capable of growing as a person. A year's time isn't very long for someone to change their habits, but then again based on the interactions I've had with him, he doesn't seem toxic or anything.

While I believe Change can happen (especially when you are younger its easier) The raciest part leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth. You say you are 22 so 8 months ago you might have been 21 or 22 and A Large Part of Who You are as a adult has already formed. So I have a hard time believing The Core of who you are has changed in 8 months.

TLDR: I Think you need to spend a ample amount of time proving You have indeed Changed before I could give you the kind of trust/responsibility You are asking for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TangoDown said:

While I believe Change can happen (especially when you are younger its easier) The raciest part leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth. You say you are 22 so 8 months ago you might have been 21 or 22 and A Large Part of Who You are as a adult has already formed. So I have a hard time believing The Core of who you are has changed in 8 months.

TLDR: I Think you need to spend a ample amount of time proving You have indeed Changed before I could give you the kind of trust/responsibility You are asking for

I understand that opinion but I do want to make it abundantly clear as mentioned previously. I am not a racist, I have never been one and I absolutely never will be. I understand it is not your intention as well as it is others but defining me by a insensitive inflammatory slip of the use of a word does not make me a racist. 

I have never said anything similar since then, there has never been a repeated offense and I have never had ill will towards anyone.

I should not have said it, but I did. But PLEASE stop making the implication I am a racist person and defining my entire character as such, It's incredibly inflammatory to someone who is not one. Your opinion is yours, and I am not here to contest your opinion so please don't take anything I said as such and I no way mean any offense towards you.

Edited by Trem0r

43 minutes ago, Trem0r said:

I understand that opinion but I do want to make it abundantly clear as mentioned previously. I am not a racist, I have never been one and I absolutely never will be. I understand it is not your intention as well as it is others but defining me by a insensitive inflammatory slip of the use of a word does not make me a racist. 

I have never said anything similar since then, there has never been a repeated offense and I have never had ill will towards anyone.

I should not have said it, but I did. But PLEASE stop making the implication I am a racist person and defining my entire character as such, It's incredibly inflammatory to someone who is not one. Your opinion is yours, and I am not here to contest your opinion so please don't take anything I said as such and I no way mean any offense towards you.

OK Then I will rephrase. You need to give us time to get to know you better So we can see that this Is not who you are and that the person you are portraying is the Real You. Trust But Verify

ACCEPTED

Your previous warn does concern me however I am willing to look past it and let the T-Mod phase figure out if you're fit for Staff or not. Other than the warn issue it appears you have made a good impact since then on other players/members of the Community so as long as you focus on the future things should go smoothly. 

Your assigned Mentor is: @BryanV2 @Bryan

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)