Madi Ravens super duper staff application!

AetherNetwork Staff Application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): AV Madi Raven, AN Madi Raven, Madi Raven, MadiCat247, Whattheever99
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25658589
  • Discord Tag: MadiCat247#8646
  • Total Playtime: 3d 1h 6m (Post Reset)
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam Profilehttps://steamcommunity.com/id/whattheever99/
  • Times you're most active: 5pm-11pm (I stream at 2pm everyday except Sunday)

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: Providing a caring and friendly atmosphere to the community as well as helping new players get acquainted with rules, gameplay, RP Basics, ect. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I tend to read them often to make sure I remember details.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, I will always listen to my fellow staff members.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes, I will be prepared to staff for several hours a week.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: 10 Minutes to grab that loot and boogie on out.
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: If anyone in the party dies not only does NLR apply but the 20 minute raid timer also applies to said player.
  • What initiates a raid?: /advert Raid 
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Certain jobs that have the Can Steal perk can take items they can grab from a base without needing to break in with tools they do not need an advert.
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert BankRaid /advert Raid /advert HitRaid /advert PDRaid 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No since there is no raid advert, once adverted and they are standing by the doors or near the base you can kill them.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: when arrested in a raid you will have to wait out the 20 minute raid timer.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?:  No, that's considered Revenge RDM and is not allowed.
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: First I would ask the puncher why they punched the victim and determine if it was accidental or intentional. (Accidental counts as a missclick) the first time offence I would explain why they cant do that and do a VW if the victim requests.
  • List all default Laws of The Land: 
  • Raiding is illegal.
  • Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  • Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  • Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  • Life Threats are illegal.
  • Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  • Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  • Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  • Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  • Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  • Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  • The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: A party can only have 1 base. 
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: I could do a few things depending on the situation. Freezing, gagging, and or muting could be applied.
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes, that would be considered Minging and No intention To Roleplay.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using god mode in RP, I would ask them why they are doing it and ask them to stop, if they dont I will let a higher up know about the incident.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Bring them to a sit and freeze them if they are still acting up, and ask them why they are MRDMing. If victims wanted him warned it would result in a ban for MRDM, if not then its considered normal RDM and depending on previous warns it would be a warning or ban.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Ask why they are not refusing to disable lockdown, if they keep refusing I will demote them from the job and manually turn the lockdown off.

Extra Comments: I just want to say I am very appreciative of the welcoming atmosphere from staff lately. Even though my staffing experience was tainted from the last server I knew the first day on Aether that this community was going to be the place I rest my Ingame Models head at the end of a long day. Thank you so much for considering me and motivating me to apply.

Madi is nothing less of excellent for the job. Constantly in a good mood never seen her in a bad mood i think she would make an excellent addon to the staff team. Never broken a rule in her life its almost as if she just joined the server but she has been here alot longer than most players. She has proven herself as a great candidate! 

+1 For me!

Called it!

Your application is very well and from personal interactions with you, you are very mature and capable of taking on a staff position. Although I do recommend while this application is up, you should play more with the regular players on the street. You have been spending a lot of time in admin land and hanging out with us, which is great, but you need to build a community presence and get some player support to back you up, which I feel is very important for staffing. 

+1 

+1,

I had no negative interactions with Madi and she is always willing to learn and helping others from what I've seen.  She is quite knowledge on the rules and i feel that she deserves a shot at being a future T-Mod.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Madi Raven said:

Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: Using god mode in RP, I would ask them why they are doing it and ask them to stop, if they dont I will let a higher up know about the incident.

You should report the incident regardless if they stop or not. I understand the impulse to not want to make waves and report your fell staff and or friends But if every one stays hush hush about these kinds of issues then they can become Bigger issues if left unchecked

A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: Bring them to a sit and freeze them if they are still acting up, and ask them why they are MRDMing. If victims wanted him warned it would result in a ban for MRDM, if not then its considered normal RDM and depending on previous warns it would be a warning or ban.

There will be times you see some one blatantly and obviously MassRDM'ing and no one will say anything but you still should take action.

A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: Ask why they are not refusing to disable lockdown, if they keep refusing I will demote them from the job and manually turn the lockdown off.

Huh if they are not refusing to disable lock down They are cooperating? I'm guessing that was a miss type. Regardless its good to try and give them a second chance and esplanade to them the rules but yes if they don't cooperate force a job change.

Fazit

Very solid app, very Kind heated and Well liked amongst the staff and player base. Never known you to cause any issues. 

Wunderbare Anwendung

+1

• Surprised 1

9 hours ago, TangoDown said:

You should report the incident regardless if they stop or not. I understand the impulse to not want to make waves and report your fell staff and or friends But if every one stays hush hush about these kinds of issues then they can become Bigger issues if left unchecked

There will be times you see some one blatantly and obviously MassRDM'ing and no one will say anything but you still should take action.

Huh if they are not refusing to disable lock down They are cooperating? I'm guessing that was a miss type. Regardless its good to try and give them a second chance and esplanade to them the rules but yes if they don't cooperate force a job change.

Fazit

Very solid app, very Kind heated and Well liked amongst the staff and player base. Never known you to cause any issues. 

Wunderbare Anwendung

+1

+1 I agree 🙂

• Love 1

+1 💯  before I started this temporary break from gmod about 1 day prior Madi I believe helped with hosting the trivia event and sat there taking score and when jman gave her ab when she said she didn't want it. I suggested to give it away randomly to players who lost as a test if she meant it not wanting the ab. To much of my surprise she did and had given it away accordingly. 

Her reasoning was just to make other people happy.

+1 I know you said you'd take random long breaks but I genuinely believe you'll stick around 

• Love 1

ACCEPTED

You are one of the most pleasant and kind players on Aether, every interaction is great and I am pretty convinced there's not a bad bone in you. Your kindness and level-headedness will benefit both your staffing and Aether as a whole greatly. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @TangoDown

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)