Thebossmanz staff application

• In-Game Name (List ALL variations, if accepted your Forum/Discord name will be changed to your most used one): Thebossmanz
  • Steam IDSteam ID: 76561198360777199
  • Discord Tag: Kayson#1466
  • Total Playtime: Your total time is 5d 20h 52m.
  • Timezone: CDT (central daylight time)
  • Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198360777199/
  • Times you're most active (If you have a unpredictable schedule let us know): I have an unpredicatable schedule but i would say around 6am-1pm and 7pm-2am

General Questions

• How can you contribute to Aether?: I will bring a great amount of good attitude and respect for the people of the server and will try my hardest to make peoples experience better.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: yes I believe that i am comfortable with the rules.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I will always be willing to listen for tips and any type of advice and if I don't agree to the advice I would get an opinion of another staff member. 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I am 100% confidant that I can staff for several hours a week.

DarkRP Rule Questions

• Raids can last how long?: raids can last 10 mins from the raid advert
  • If a player in your party dies whilst raiding, how long do they have to wait to come back and raid the same base again?: they would have to wait 20 mins to raid the same base.
  • What initiates a raid?: A raid is initiated by doing some kind of form of /advert raid.
  • If no raiding tool is being used can the player steal the item from a base without an advert?: Yes they certainly can. 
  • Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid or if i have multiple people in a party /advert party raid. 
  • If the owner of the base is standing outside on their base entrances sidewalk as you're about to raid but haven't announced a raid yet, can you kill them?: No you can't you have to advert raid first to kill them.
  • If you get arrested mid-raid can you return after your arrest?: No you must wait 20 mins.
  • If you get RDM'd are you allowed to kill the RDMer back without repercussions?: No you can not but instead call for a staff member.                                                                                     
  • A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: First I would see if he had any reason to punch the man or if it was some kind accident or missclick. Then I would check their pat warns to see if they did it before and and if its the first offense I would explain what he did wrong and give him a vw.
  • List all default Laws of The Land:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  •     Raiding is illegal.
  •     Money printers, drugs and explosive are illegal.
  •     Bitcoin Racks are illegal (small versions not included).
  •     Harming other players is illegal unless you are defending your base. 
  •     Life Threats are illegal.
  •     Having a gun license automatically makes all weapons on the user legal whilst holstered.
  •     Kidnapping, theft and harming another player are illegal.
  •     Shooting dangerous weapons in public is illegal.
  •     Laws must be enforced with AOS instead of KOS unless the Police Officers life is in danger or the player is wanted.
  •     Non-default Laws must be things that players have to go out of their way to do. 
  •     Laws that are seen as baiting kills or arrests are disallowed.
  •     The Mayor can choose to make dangerous weapons legal or illegal when owned/held but no other weapon-based laws. 
  • How many bases can you own per party?: a party of people is only allowed to have 1 base.
  • A player is refusing to co-operate with you in a staff sit, how do you handle the non-cooperative player?: depending on what they are doing like if they are mic spamming or disrespectful I would gag them. If they are running away I would freeze them. 
  • Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes you could because that would be considered mingeing.
  • Give an example of a Staff abusing their powers and how you would handle it: First I would look for evidence of such actions then I would get clips and then talk to it with a higher up.
  • A player is excessively RDMing, how would you intervene/stop them from continuing and what punishment would you give?: I would freeze them then strip them of any weapons. Then I would look at logs and confirm if it was mrdm then I would give a 3 day ban if its the first offense.
  • A Mayor enabled a lockdown without reason and is refusing to turn it off, how do you resolve this?: I would ask the mayor if their are any reasoning if the reason is not valid I would diable the lock down and educate the mayor that he didn't have a valid reason and if he continues I would demote him from the job. 
Edited by Thebossmanz
  • Cool 1

I’m surprised I didn’t see this one coming. 
Pretty decent application, you have a good grasp of the rules and the only problems I see are minuscule and can be easily fixed with training. From personal interactions with you, you’re very mature and respectful, and an overall fun player to be around. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be given a chance at staffing. 

+1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thebossmanz said:

Give an example of a valid raid advert (type it as you'd type it in-game): /advert raid or if i have multiple people in a party /advert party raid. 

There is No Official rule stating a player has to '/advert party raid' or '/advert Raid Assist' only req is to advert a Raid. It is defiantly something we like players to use to help us sort out Issues. But You do indeed need to be in a party to Raid together. 

A player punches somebody unprovoked and runs away, the player who got punched calls a sit - what punishment would you give the instigator?: g to it or if was an accident then I would see if they have done it in the past by checking their warns. If they were a first offender I would explain the rules against what they did and give them a vw. 

I added the question in with the assumption That this was what the answer was for however it needs to be Edited & Corrected as It still looks like you partly removed some of your answers.

Can you punish a player for intentionally ruining others time, even if they say it's out of fun?: Yes you could because that would be considered mingeing.

And or No Intent to Role play

Conclusion

While Your app Looks pretty good there is that issues (mentioned above Middle quote). At minimum fix that one answer and I'll Most Likely Change my Support but for now I'm going to be Natural 

Now that You have fixed your app, I can Fixed Your app I can confidently Support Your App. I've never seen you cause trouble and from the interactions I Remember having with you (Not Too Many) but the one's I have had were always positive and pleasant. As Far as the first quoted and second quoted Questions go That just something u will have to go through Rules and Read, It would seem like common sense to have to do thoes things but sometimes Rules Defy Logic And that's just the Nature of DarkRP

+1

Edited by TangoDown

51 minutes ago, TangoDown said:

There is No Official rule stating a player has to '/advert party raid' or '/advert Raid Assist' only req is to advert a Raid. It is defiantly something we like players to use to help us sort out Issues. But You do indeed need to be in a party to Raid together. 

I added the question in with the assumption That this was what the answer was for however it needs to be Edited & Corrected as It still looks like you partly removed some of your answers.

Conclusion

While Your app Looks pretty good there is that issues (mentioned above Middle quote). At minimum fix that one answer and I'll Most Likely Change my Support but for now I'm going to be Natural 

+/-

Thank you very much for the feedback and I have fixed the problem. I accidently deleted the question and half of my answer with that question. 

21 hours ago, TangoDown said:

Conclusion

Now that You have fixed your app, I can Fixed Your app I can confidently Support Your App. I've never seen you cause trouble and from the interactions I Remember having with you (Not Too Many) but the one's I have had were always positive and pleasant. As Far as the first quoted and second quoted Questions go That just something u will have to go through Rules and Read, It would seem like common sense to have to do thoes things but sometimes Rules Defy Logic And that's just the Nature of DarkRP

+1

I always have a stroke trying to read your posts but its a +1 from me on the app. 🙂 Love this guy

• Haha 1

ACCEPTED

You've been a great member of Aether for a while now and I am happy you are seeking a Staff position, you have great patience and kindness towards others whilst still being fun to play with; I hope to see you do well on the Staff side of things. Good luck!

Your assigned Mentor is: @Jouaram

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FINISH A TRAINING SESSION WITH YOUR MENTOR BEFORE TAKING SITS, IF YOUR MENTOR DOES NOT REACH OUT TO YOU OFFERING THIS SESSION REPORT IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN GET IT SET UP.

Keep an eye out for a ping in #rookie-barracks on Discord for further information. 

Staff Handbook Link

Punishment Guidelines Link

T-Mod Initiation Sheet (MUST READ)